PDA

View Full Version : Bad news out of Birmingham

Daver
06-06-2003, 03:17 PM
Neal Cotts and Dennis Ulacia have been placed on the DL.

doublem23
06-06-2003, 03:18 PM
Just when the summer couldn't get any ****tier....

Foulke You
06-06-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by daver
Neal Cotts and Dennis Ulacia have been placed on the DL.

No torn labrums I hope?

Daver
06-06-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
No torn labrums I hope?

Cotts was removed from Wednesday's game after throwing 49 pitches in two innings with complaints of shoulder pain,Ulacia has a broken bone in his hand.

spanishwhite
06-06-2003, 03:35 PM
Well Ulacia has been shaky for the past two years.

Its a shame about Cotts, though.

Good news is that Phillips and Stumm are back. Could move them
right into Birmingham.

Does anybody know what happened to Stewart, he had two starts for Charlotte and hasnt pitched since? I think he might be injured too.

And does anybody know the status of us signing our players for the draft. If they sign the majority, then it looks like a very good draft.

Foulke You
06-06-2003, 03:35 PM
complaints of shoulder pain

:o: :o: :o: :o:

Daver
06-06-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by spanishwhite

Does anybody know what happened to Stewart, he had two starts for Charlotte and hasnt pitched since? I think he might be injured too.

And does anybody know the status of us signing our players for the draft. If they sign the majority, then it looks like a very good draft.

Stewart is on the DL.

The Sox have not signed any of their picks,rumor has it that Robert Valido,fourth rounder from Coral Gables HS is close to signing,as is Brian Anderson.

jeremyb1
06-06-2003, 03:48 PM
Cotts was removed from Wednesday's game after throwing 49 pitches in two innings with complaints of shoulder pain,Ulacia has a broken bone in his hand.

i wish ulacia was the one with the shoulder pain. an arm injury might explain why he's pitched so poorly the past two seasons.

Chisoxfn
06-06-2003, 04:09 PM
Cotts being placed on the DL is thought of as more of a precautionary move. They don't expect him to miss more then one or two starts. But we've heard that before (Dan Wright).

Whats wrong with Stewart?

Randar68
06-06-2003, 04:14 PM
Stewart is on the DL.

The Sox have not signed any of their picks,rumor has it that Robert Valido,fourth rounder from Coral Gables HS is close to signing,as is Brian Anderson.

Most important signings IMO:

first 5 round picks
Veal (12)
Greg Moviel (and his brother if that's what it takes) (15)(36)
Wes Hodges (13)
Nanita (14)
Fraser Dizard (10)

If they sign all of these guys (basically the top 15 picks) (doubtful), this will be the best Sox draft I can remember, and anyone else they sign on top of that is just icing.

Daver
06-06-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

first 5 round picks
Veal (12)
Wes Hodges (13)
Nanita (14)
Fraser Dizard (10)

If they sign all of these guys (basically the top 15 picks) (doubtful), this will be the best Sox draft I can remember, and anyone else they sign on top of that is just icing.

Moviel is going to be tough to sign,I'd be willing to bet he honors his commitment to Vanderbilt.

Chisoxfn
06-06-2003, 04:25 PM
Moviel is going to be tough to sign,I'd be willing to bet he honors his commitment to Vanderbilt.

Moviel is worth the money. Give him 2nd round money for all I care.

Randar68
06-06-2003, 04:26 PM

I know he, Veal, and Hodges will be some of the toughest mid-round signs of the draft, but all 3 are top 5 round talent IMO, and the Sox should take this opportunity to sign them up. The one thing we have going for us is, none of them are catchers! ;-)

Daver
06-06-2003, 04:30 PM
The one thing we have going for us is, none of them are catchers! ;-)

LOL!!

Still the most glaring hole in the whole organization.

Powell I found out dropped like a rock because he has already informed everyone he is not signing for less than 1 mil,regardless of what round he was drafted in,and fully intends to return to South Carolina.

Randar68
06-06-2003, 04:36 PM
LOL!!

Still the most glaring hole in the whole organization.

Powell I found out dropped like a rock because he has already informed everyone he is not signing for less than 1 mil,regardless of what round he was drafted in,and fully intends to return to South Carolina.

Yep, stupid kid for a guy with a 3.5 GPA. He better lose that weight and have a monster senior season, because he has a bad reputation to overcome now. That crap he pulled out of HS certainly didn't help him. Bora$$ is finally starting to hurt his clients with his bullying. Good to see.

joecrede
06-06-2003, 05:55 PM

first 5 round picks
Veal (12)
Wes Hodges (13)
Nanita (14)
Fraser Dizard (10)

I think they can get Veal and Dizard with a decent shot at Nanita. If they can't get Sweeney, signing Moviel and Hodges would be a solid back up plan.

MarkEdward
06-06-2003, 06:03 PM
Say it with me now:

There's no such thing as a pitching prospect.

hose
06-06-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn
Cotts being placed on the DL is thought of as more of a precautionary move. They don't expect him to miss more then one or two starts. But we've heard that before (Dan Wright).

Whats wrong with Stewart?

Hopefully Cotts is not a serious injury, I want to see some of those K's at the "Cell'

jeremyb1
06-06-2003, 07:54 PM
for anyone that missed it, jim callis talked about veal and moviel in his ba draft chat yesterday.

_Q:_
Mike Doyle from Valparaiso, IN asks:
What are the chances that the White Sox can sign Donald Veal andor Greg Moviel?

_A:_
Jim Callis: Arizona HS LHP Veal (12th round) turned down a $500,000 offer from the Yankees and likely will attend the University of Arizona unless the White Sox give him $750,000. Ohio HS LHP Moviel (15th) is a top student committed to Vanderbilt and probably won't sign either. But they're good late-round gambles in case the Sox don't sign one of their early picks.