PDA

View Full Version : 12 Th Pitcher

soxrme
06-06-2003, 09:43 AM
I see that we are going to keep the 12th pitcher instead of bringing up the kid who plays infield. I will never understand this thinking. And what is wrong with going with a 4 man rotation now and getting some defensive guys for the late innings.

hold2dibber
06-06-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by soxrme
I see that we are going to keep the 12th pitcher instead of bringing up the kid who plays infield. I will never understand this thinking. And what is wrong with going with a 4 man rotation now and getting some defensive guys for the late innings.

Neither Sanders nor Glover are getting sufficient work, IMHO. I wouldn't mind them sending down Sanders and bringing up Miles or someone else from Charlotte who s swinging a hot bat.

What do people think about the possibility of playing Jimenez at 3B and Miles at 2B. Crede has been remarkably horrible whereas Jimenez has been pretty good with the stick. In a desperate bid to try something, anything, to get the offense jump started, maybe this is a way to see what Miles can do without sacrificing one of our only decent offensive players.