PDA

View Full Version : shamME sleeps with his bats

alohafri
06-06-2003, 07:18 AM
did anyone read the article in yesterday's tribune about how baseball players feel about their bats? They interviewed several ballplayers.

shamME stated, among other things, that he sleeps with his bat, that he basically covets his bats so much that he doesn't want anyone touching them; he also said his bats were like his baby, blah blah blah.

so if he is so attuned to his bats, how can he possibly not know which one he has when he goes into the on deck circle?

(from Mrs. Aloha)

PaleHoseGeorge
06-06-2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by alohafri
did anyone read the article in yesterday's tribune about how baseball players feel about their bats? They interviewed several ballplayers.

shamME stated, among other things, that he sleeps with his bat, that he basically covets his bats so much that he doesn't want anyone touching them; he also said his bats were like his baby, blah blah blah.

so if he is so attuned to his bats, how can he possibly not know which one he has when he goes into the on deck circle?

(from Mrs. Aloha)

This just confirms the point I was making (along with others) about The Cheat's claim of picking up the wrong bat. I said Sosa could have picked that bat out of a pile of his real bats blind-folded. Rick Telander noted that choosing a piece of lumber is not a game of pick up sticks for a major league ballplayer. Mark Grace is prancing around his teammates, as a joke, with a cork taped to his bat saying, "It's my bat. I didn't know it was corked. I didn't know it was corked."

Only the ignorant believe The Cheat's story. One exception: Besides the truly ignorant, we must also include those who live in a fantasy world--which of course includes 99% of the Sosa Worshippers, like that pathetic blue-balled kid with the sign at Wrigley "Still Humping Sammy!"

How pathetic is that?