PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Now = Ruth With Boston?

joecrede
06-05-2003, 03:35 PM
Sammy is quickly turning into a pathetic shell of his former self. In his last AB, he connected, hopped and flew out to right-center -- about 10 feet shy of the track.

Sad. :gulp:

PaleHoseGeorge
06-05-2003, 03:41 PM
I hope he starts juicing again--just so MLB can catch him red-handed a second time. His ego is simply too large to let himself become just an ordinary ballplayer. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they caught him with another corked bat.

Sad, indeed. :gulp: :gulp:

TornLabrum
06-05-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by joecrede
Sammy is quickly turning into a pathetic shell of his former self. In his last AB, he connected, hopped and flew out to right-center -- about 10 feet shy of the track.

And to think this all came after the first steroid tests ever given in the major leagues. What a coincidence!

TornLabrum
06-05-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I hope he starts juicing again--just so MLB can catch him red-handed a second time. His ego is simply too large to let himself become just an ordinary ballplayer. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they caught him with another corked bat.

Sad, indeed. :gulp: :gulp:

Remember when he was with the Sox, PHG? He was a lower-than-average ballplayer.

RKMeibalane
06-05-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Remember when he was with the Sox, PHG? He was a lower-than-average ballplayer.

True, but that was before he had any real success as a baseball player. Now that he's been in the spotlight, I don't think he would be willing to do without all of the attention he's received. As PHG said, his ego is simply too large for that.

voodoochile
06-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by joecrede

Originally posted by TornLabrum

And to think this all came after the first steroid tests ever given in the major leagues. What a coincidence!

This has been going on all year long and is strong evidence (IMO) that he was indeed juicing. ShamME is doing everything the same and keeps thinking the ball is gone. It feels the same to him - he is hitting the sweet spot, at speed and getting the proper trajectory - but the ball just isn't traveling as far. What changed?

PaleHoseGeorge
06-05-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
It feels the same to him - he is hitting the sweet spot, at speed and getting the proper trajectory - but the ball just isn't traveling as far. What changed?

:nandrolone
"Voodoo, I haven't a clue what has changed."

:)

RKMeibalane
06-05-2003, 05:26 PM
This has been going on all year long and is strong evidence (IMO) that he was indeed juicing. ShamME is doing everything the same and keeps thinking the ball is gone. It feels the same to him - he is hitting the sweet spot, at speed and getting the proper trajectory - but the ball just isn't traveling as far. What changed?

I usually try to avoid diliberately rooting for players to fail, but Sosa is the exception to that rule. I have absolutely no sympathy for him, and I don't care if he never hits another homerun the rest of his life. In fact, I hope his career is ruined by this incident. I despise players who think they're bigger than the game, and Sosa definitely falls into that category. His ego is the size of the planet Jupiter, perhaps larger.

T Dog
06-05-2003, 09:19 PM
... It feels the same to him - he is hitting the sweet spot, at speed and getting the proper trajectory - but the ball just isn't traveling as far. What changed?

If I were a Cubs fan ... If I had eaten paint chips as a child and developed a disorder that made me a Cubs fan, I would say Sammy was robbed of a couple of home runs today. Had the wind been blowing out at 27 mph, he would have had some epic home runs this week when he wasn't striking out, or shattering his cork-filled bat on a ground out.

I'm sure anyone who has watched Cubs TV has heard Chip say something along the order of: "On a normal day with the wind blowing out, that would have been gone."