PDA

View Full Version : new skips


DustyIsOverated1
06-05-2003, 01:12 PM
So, I think we all know that Jerry manuel will be fired at the end of the season. With that in mind.....what coachs will be available for us?

besides wally bachman

How about Torre----hopefully the yanks lose a little more than they are right now and falter in the playoffs if they even make them. Then we can scoop up joe!

mrwag
06-05-2003, 01:14 PM
Jeff Torborg.

Tree
06-05-2003, 01:17 PM
Is Kerrigan available? He was an awesome pitching coach and I think he got a raw deal from Boston.

gosox41
06-05-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by DustyIsOverated1
So, I think we all know that Jerry manuel will be fired at the end of the season. With that in mind.....what coachs will be available for us?

besides wally bachman

How about Torre----hopefully the yanks lose a little more than they are right now and falter in the playoffs if they even make them. Then we can scoop up joe!

I don't see JR hiring Torre or Torborg. Gotta find a candidate with no MLB managerial experience. Probably a minority, but whoever it is better have more fire in him then Manuel.

Bob

Iguana775
06-05-2003, 01:18 PM
Terry Bevington?

SoxxoS
06-05-2003, 01:33 PM
Jim Leyland

Brian26
06-05-2003, 01:36 PM
I'd take Torborg back in a heartbeat.

SoxxoS
06-05-2003, 01:47 PM
I think Wally Backman is a legit choice and I wouldnt mind him at all. Look at the players on his team, then look at his record. He hardly has any true prospects on that whole team, yet he wins games. We should fire Manuel now (new idea ) and let Backman be the interum. Then, we can evaluate him at the end of the year.

voodoochile
06-05-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
I don't see JR hiring Torre or Torborg. Gotta find a candidate with no MLB managerial experience. Probably a minority, but whoever it is better have more fire in him then Manuel.

Bob

Exactly. Whoever it is will have to be willing to work cheap, which rules out anyone proven winners...

Paulwny
06-05-2003, 02:07 PM
Willie Randolph !!!!!!!!!!!!

MarkEdward
06-05-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
I'd take Torborg back in a heartbeat.

If we hire Torborg, then I hope somebody hides Buehrle's, Garland's, and Wright's arms.

booter14
06-05-2003, 05:04 PM
jim fregosi.

oldcomiskey
06-05-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
If we hire Torborg, then I hope somebody hides Buehrle's, Garland's, and Wright's arms.

oh please---cry me a river--the way theyve been pitching they could use a little workout

MarkEdward
06-05-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
oh please---cry me a river--the way theyve been pitching they could use a little workout

Woohoo! Torn labrums for everybody!