PDA

View Full Version : Boers & Bernstein...

Viva Magglio
06-05-2003, 01:01 PM
...really ripping our friends on the North Side for their support of His Sammyness.

cheeses_h_rice
06-05-2003, 01:26 PM
If I see one more photo of that momo with the "STILL LOVING SAMMY" sign, I'm gonna hurl.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-05-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
...really ripping our friends on the North Side for their support of His Sammyness.

I don't know why they would rip the fans. The Flubbie fans who still stand and cheer The Cheat are simply following precisely the script that Chicago's media has been spoon-feeding them the last ten years.

Sammy tries to bust a rum bottle over his wife's head? No follow-up.

Sammy extorts more money during contract negotiations by demanding a trade? No follow-up.

Sammy compares himself to Jesus? No follow-up.

Sammy "loses" a big bag of money on holiday? No follow-up.

Sammy freaks when called out (by a member of the national media, of course) on his comment to be "first in line" to be checked for steroids? No follow-up.

The Chicago Media created this monster, and now they're running like a pack of cockroaches for cover in the cracks along the baseboards--a lame attempt to make good on 10+ years of shoveling all the sins of Sammy Sosa under the rug--and now they have the audacity to rip the fans for going along with their old charade? :angry:

What a pair of insufferable jerks those two guys are. They had their chance to stop the Sammy worshipping up North a million times, and they took a pass. A pox on them and all of their ilk.

Foulke You
06-05-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I don't know why they would rip the fans. The Flubbie fans who still stand and cheer The Cheat are simply following precisely the script that Chicago's media has been spoon-feeding them the last ten years.

Sammy extorts more money during contract negotiations by demanding a trade? No follow-up.

Sammy freaks when called out (by a member of the national media, of course) on his comment to be "first in line" to be checked for steroids? No follow-up.

The Chicago Media created this monster, and now they're running like a pack of cockroaches for cover in the cracks along the baseboards--a lame attempt to make good on 10+ years of shoveling all the sins of Sammy Sosa under the rug--and now they have the audacity to rip the fans for going along with their old charade? :angry:

What a pair of insufferable jerks those two guys are. They had their chance to stop the Sammy worshipping up North a million times, and they took a pass. A pox on them and all of their ilk.

Nicely said.

booter14
06-05-2003, 05:44 PM
"I didn't even know he was married"

Jeff Torborg - when told Sammy was being held in the Dominican for beating his wife.

RKMeibalane
06-05-2003, 05:55 PM

Well said, PHG. The media has no one to blame but themselves.

TommyJohn
06-06-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by booter14
"I didn't even know he was married"

Jeff Torborg - when told Sammy was being held in the Dominican for beating his wife.

Nice quote from brain surgeon Torborg, although keep
in mind that he was the manager of the White Sox at
the time, not the Cubs. So the beloveds did their part
in trying to spin Sammy's troubles to make it seem like
no big deal.

DrCrawdad
06-06-2003, 02:01 PM

Sosa Media Apologists:

Bruce Levine
Les Grobstein (Les, I like you but it's true.)
Bruce Wolf

Foulke You
06-06-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Sosa Media Apologists:

Bruce Levine
Bruce Wolf

You can add Sun-Times Cub beat reporter Mike Kiley to that list for sure. He's sure trying to protect his Sammy.

TornLabrum
06-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Sosa Media Apologists:

Bruce Levine
Bruce Wolf

You forgot the entire ESPN network, who presented that two hour Sosa Love Fest special Thursday afternoon.