PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations WSI!

Lip Man 1
06-05-2003, 11:09 AM
For making the Chicago media scene again!

Ron Rapoport of the Sun Times visited the site yesterday and has culled for his Thursday column some of your best comments regarding "Batgate."

You've done all Sox fans proud (which is more then this buffoon of a club is doing!)

Lip

PaleHoseGeorge
06-05-2003, 11:24 AM
Here's the link to Rapoport's column.

Sox fans are in their glory. (http://www.suntimes.com/output/rapoport/cst-spt-rap05.html)

He barely scraped the tip of the iceberg for some of the funny stuff posted here the last 36 hours, but who's complaining? It's always nice to be loved. :smile:

Foulke You
06-05-2003, 12:36 PM
I have to give Rappoport some credit for using WSI quotes on a regular basis. Also one of the few columns that showed what Sox fans thought of the whole situation. :D:

HawkDJ
06-05-2003, 12:57 PM
Hey cool, I made it in!

LuvSox
06-05-2003, 01:36 PM
He put my quote in AND corrected my spelling. What a guy :D:

DrCrawdad
06-05-2003, 01:53 PM
As for Sox fans, well, they are quite simply in their glory. So over the top was some of the reaction that came in to whitesoxinteractive.com, an unofficial team Web site, that I believe given a choice between a Sox victory and a Cubs loss, some of these folks would have to think long and hard.

That doesn't sound like praise to me. Ron has resorted to that tired old line that gets trotted out when we (rightfully) slam the Cubs.

Who here prefers a Cubs loss to a Sox win? Not me! I want the Sox to win #1. I do enjoy Cub loss but no where near as much as I enjoy a White Sox Winner! And where are the slams on Cub fans when they celebrate Sox troubles (such as the incidents at The Cell)?

34 Inch Stick
06-05-2003, 02:02 PM
There should be a post permanently stuck at the top of the page to report all wsi sighting in the media. It would make a nice record of legitimacy for anyone who might look to us for comment in the future.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-05-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
That doesn't sound like praise to me. Ron has resorted to that tired old line that gets trotted out when we (rightfully) slam the Cubs.

Who here prefers a Cubs loss to a Sox win? Not me! I want the Sox to win #1. I do enjoy Cub loss but no where near as much as I enjoy a White Sox Winner! And where are the slams on Cub fans when they celebrate Sox troubles (such as the incidents at The Cell)?

He stepped up to the line, but he didn't cross it. He used qualifying words like "some" and "think". Besides, if someone identifies them self as "a Cubs hater", rather than a Sox Fan, I suppose the charge Rapoport levels is well founded.

I'm sure the overwhelming majority of us agree with sentiments I wrote elsewhere at WSI that "nothing compares to a Sox victory, but in a pinch (and the Sox don't win often), a Cubs loss helps ease the sting."

Fans of the Lovable Losers get what they deserve. As a Sox Fan, I appreciate that God has seen fit-- for 97 years now-- to give them exactly what they want the most.

TornLabrum
06-05-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Fans of the Lovable Losers get what they deserve. As a Sox Fan, I appreciate that God has seen fit-- for 97 years now-- to give them exactly what they want the most.

No, it's what we want second most.