PDA

View Full Version : I had no idea he tinkered this much...


whitesoxwilkes
06-05-2003, 09:24 AM
The Sox have played 58 games this year. JM has submitted 52 different lineups in that span.

sox_fan_forever
06-05-2003, 09:55 AM
Gee whiz. I didn't realize it was that much either.

soxrme
06-05-2003, 11:14 AM
Unfortunately he does not stop tinkering. Maybe if he would leave a set lineup we could get going. The best players should be in at all times.

pudge
06-05-2003, 02:38 PM
Hey, I just gotta post on this thread because of my signature image.......

Jerko
06-05-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by soxrme
Unfortunately he does not stop tinkering. Maybe if he would leave a set lineup we could get going. The best players should be in at all times.



I have been thinking the same thing for 2 years now. I can see if we had injuries or something, but 52 different lineups in 58 games? How can a player get on a roll when he never knows when he's going to be in? I know they should be psyched at all times to play, but this tinkering has not worked for years now and Manuel does it more than ever! 52 different lineups by June 5? Ludicrous.

Hullett_Fan
06-05-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by soxrme
The best players should be in at all times.


Who would they be??? :D:

RKMeibalane
06-05-2003, 04:10 PM
This is the lineup I would use if were managing:

2B- Jimenez
SS- Valentin
1B- Thomas
RF- Ordonez
LF- Lee
DH- Konerko
CF- Borchard
3B- Crede
C- Olivio

Frank would play first base most of the time. He's always swung the bat better when he's been out there, so that is how I would use him. The fact that Manuel hasn't figured this out is more proof that he needs to be fired.

Jerko
06-05-2003, 04:26 PM
I agree Manuel should be fired, but it's too late now! I still want him gone mind you, but why did we wait till we were so far out! You can't only blame the players, we have a lot of new ones and these are years old mistakes being made by the manager. Do we have any base coaches? Wht is our baserunning so bad? Are the players dumb? Are the coaches dumb? Are the coaches smart and the players don't listen? What's the problem already? We have new base coaches, new batting and pitching coach, new players, and the same problems. Who is the common thread here boys? JM.

Foulke You
06-05-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
I have been thinking the same thing for 2 years now. I can see if we had injuries or something, but 52 different lineups in 58 games? How can a player get on a roll when he never knows when he's going to be in? I know they should be psyched at all times to play, but this tinkering has not worked for years now and Manuel does it more than ever! 52 different lineups by June 5? Ludicrous.

In 2000, JM stuck with one lineup for the most part. He needs to pick a lineup and stick with it. 52 lineups in 58 games has a negative effect on offensive consistency. I would use RKMeibalane's lineup and use that for at least 15 straight games. I bet you would notice some more offensive consistency right away.

RKMeibalane
06-05-2003, 05:03 PM
I just realized something. Manuel has admitted that he "likes to tinker." However, he has never said why he tinkers. Someone should ask him about that. I'd love to hear his response.

:jerry

"Why? I'm afraid I can't talk about that."

Paulwny
06-05-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I just realized something. Manuel has admitted that he "likes to tinker." However, he has never said why he tinkers. Someone should ask him about that. I'd love to hear his response.

:jerry

"Why? I'm afraid I can't talk about that."

It's a little league rule, everybody plays.

whitesoxwilkes
06-05-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
It's a little league rule, everybody plays.

..and win or lose, everyone gets ice cream!

LuvSox
06-05-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
It's a little league rule, everybody plays.

:jerry

"I trust in God
I love my country and will respect it's laws
I will play fair and strive to win
But win or lose I will always do my best."


:shammy

"I had my fingers crossed during "I will play fair"."

irish rover
06-06-2003, 08:51 AM
to add to that he has never used the same lineup two games in a row this year