PDA

View Full Version : Last Night's Final 2 Outs

hold2dibber
06-05-2003, 07:47 AM
The double play to end last night's game is all you need to know about this White Sox team. They cut the lead to 2, put the tying runner at the plate, and then end the game with 2 boneheaded baserunning outs on the same play. Yuck. But at least Daubach hustled and tried to make something happen when he got caught in the run down. Friggin' Jimenez lolly-gagged into second -- he wasn't running hard, he didn't even slide or try to get caught in a run down to see if he could force an error. He just gave up, half way between first and second. UNFORGIVABLE. If I was JM, I would bench him for a week, I really would. So, let's re-cap, on the last play of the night, with the team finally scraping together a rally and still with a chance to win the game, they glaringly display horse sh*t fundamentals, crappy baserunning and an extreme lack of desire and hustle all on one play. That's White Sox baseball 2003 style!

KW has to fire Manual NOW. This team doesn't give a crap and they're not trying. Jimenez, despite his good numbers, is a bonehead and has no passion or fire whatsoever. His screw ups also seem to come at the most important times. He drives me nuts.

soxrme
06-05-2003, 10:25 AM
You are right on about Jiminez. He can hit but he is lazy in the field and has no idea on running bases. Doesn't anyone work with these guys?

Paulwny
06-05-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by soxrme
You are right on about Jiminez. He can hit but he is lazy in the field and has no idea on running bases. Doesn't anyone work with these guys?

Each st they should give the players a fundamentals of the game test to see how stupid some of them are.

Nellie_Fox
06-06-2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Friggin' Jimenez lolly-gagged into second. "And what does that make him?"
"A lollygagger."
"A LOLLYGAGGER!"