PDA

View Full Version : Twinkies Lose


gosox3072
06-05-2003, 12:07 AM
God were missing so many GOLDEN oppourtunitys to get back in this race, its amazing that we are 8 games under 500 and only 7.5 games back. If we were in any other division wed be done, but hopefully we can turn it around

GASHWOUND
06-05-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by gosox3072
God were missing so many GOLDEN oppourtunitys to get back in this race, its amazing that we are 8 games under 500 and only 7.5 games back. If we were in any other division wed be done, but hopefully we can turn it around

That's actually bad..in order for the Sox to actually look like a competent team out there their gonna need to be AT LEAST 13 to 14 games back in the division. THEN will see some real baseball............. :angry:

Konerkoholic
06-05-2003, 12:20 AM
Dammit, they are out of it. 7.5 games is not a small margin at this point in the season. It's not like the team has been playing reasonably well and has time to make up the deficit. This lead is only going to get larger. Sorry to be pessimistic, it's my nature.

pudge
06-05-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Konerkoholic
Dammit, they are out of it. 7.5 games is not a small margin at this point in the season. It's not like the team has been playing reasonably well and has time to make up the deficit. This lead is only going to get larger. Sorry to be pessimistic, it's my nature.

Dude, that's not pessimistic, that's realistic. It's WAY over. 2004 anyone?

fhqwhgads
06-05-2003, 08:22 AM
If you have access to MLB.com Condensed Games (or Total Ticket), check out the last pitch from Rincon in the "walk" that brought Bonds to the plate in the 9th. That pitch has turned me into a Questec supporter. Right down the freakin' middle --- "Ball four!"

I've seen a lot of bitching about MLB umps on this board, and I'm not usually the one to do it, but look at this PITCH! arrrrrrrrgh

GO TWINS!

SoxxoS
06-05-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
If you have access to MLB.com Condensed Games (or Total Ticket), check out the last pitch from Rincon in the "walk" that brought Bonds to the plate in the 9th. That pitch has turned me into a Questec supporter. Right down the freakin' middle --- "Ball four!"

I've seen a lot of bitching about MLB umps on this board, and I'm not usually the one to do it, but look at this PITCH! arrrrrrrrgh

GO TWINS!

Cry me a river.

Foulke You
06-05-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Konerkoholic
Dammit, they are out of it. 7.5 games is not a small margin at this point in the season. It's not like the team has been playing reasonably well and has time to make up the deficit. This lead is only going to get larger. Sorry to be pessimistic, it's my nature.

I have to agree. 7.5 is a ton of ground to make up especially with how poorly our team looks out there. The only way we get back into this race is if we heat up BIG TIME like the Angels did last year and reel off like 10 wins in a row. It isn't impossible but our team doesn't look like they have 3 wins in a row in them let alone 10 wins. I was hoping the hot Arizona weather would heat up our bats...what was I thinking?!!

Iwritecode
06-05-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Foulke You
I was hoping the hot Arizona weather would heat up our bats...what was I thinking?!!

The only way these guys are going to be able to heat up their bats is to use them to start a campfire...

booter14
06-05-2003, 05:36 PM
God were missing so many GOLDEN oppourtunitys to get back in this race, its amazing that we are 8 games under 500 and only 7.5 games back. If we were in any other division wed be done, but hopefully we can turn it around

Are you a converted Cub fan? we don't think that way over here. We actually like our teams to show indications that they have played baseball prior to this season before we start getting hopeful about winning more than one game in a row.

Think 1997 or 1984 or 1968 when you think about this team. It doesn't make any sense why they are playing this poorly or why management has not addressed the glaring problem of lack of field leadership.

"Just sit back and try to enjoy yourself" - Bobby Knight's reponse to Connie Chung about women being raped.