PDA

View Full Version : Batting Practice Question

dllrbll7
06-04-2003, 07:03 PM
I know at Comiskey the home team takes bp first so the fans dont even get to see the Sox take bp thus not allowing us to see our sluggers show off. Is it the same way on the north side? If it is then why would he have the bat in his bag if he wouldnt be showin off for any fans.

Vsahajpal
06-04-2003, 07:05 PM
Cubs BP is open to the public.

whitesoxwilkes
06-04-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
I know at Comiskey the home team takes bp first so the fans dont even get to see the Sox take bp thus not allowing us to see our sluggers show off. Is it the same way on the north side? If it is then why would he have the bat in his bag if he wouldnt be showin off for any fans.

Get in the park right when the gates open and you can be treated to 10 whole minutes of Sox power before the visitors take the field. BP is one of my absolute favorite baseball experiences...I love getting there right when the gates open and sitting out in left drinking a beer and reading the paper while I wait for a ball.

T Dog
06-04-2003, 07:58 PM
A few years ago, MLB allowed home teams the option of taking batting practice last to give the home crowd a chance to see their favorites hit. The next time I drove to California, the gates opened with the Sox taking their late batting practice. I always get to ballparks early, and I always see the visiting team hitting. But I haven't been to Wrigley since 1972.

Chisoxfn
06-05-2003, 03:02 AM
Batting practice is one of my favorite things to watch. You really get to see who has live bats, etc.

I really like it during spring training when you get to see the prospects hit. Plus after a few months without baseball, it really sounds good to heard the crack of the bats.