PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Sammy incident?

ihatethecubs
06-04-2003, 05:33 PM
-

ihatethecubs
06-04-2003, 05:41 PM
oh yeah how could i forget his stupid dominican republic commercial where he hands the little kid a bat and says "is your turn to take bat an hit the homerun." im sure he could with all that cork in it. andalso his video game commercial ("its SOOOOOO REAL")

what a dork.

A.T. Money
06-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Hi, Amma Samma Sosa, an I askin you, to tay the Pepse challen'!

Tavarin
06-04-2003, 06:00 PM
the 'roid rage. He was so obviously scared of the tests, that he snapped on Reilly.

LuvSox
06-04-2003, 07:12 PM
What about the missing bag of money or the questionable charity?

valposoxfan
06-04-2003, 07:40 PM
LuvSox this is the third day in a row that you've beaten me to the punch on something that I was going to post. You rule.

thecell
06-04-2003, 07:44 PM
I can't really pinpoint one moment because it happened over a long period of time. But I would have to say the gradual growth of his head. This just proves that he is a freak of nature and doesn't need to cheat to be great.

LuvSox
06-04-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
LuvSox this is the third day in a row that you've beaten me to the punch on something that I was going to post. You rule.

Ok, ok. I'll shut the hell up for awhile :D:

RKMeibalane
06-04-2003, 08:35 PM
I don't have a favorite Sammy incident. Anything that portrays him in a negative light is fine with me. I'm sure he'll do something else just as stupid as this before the season is over.

Ol Aches & Pains
06-04-2003, 08:57 PM
I gotta go with the rum bottle, but only because I never heard about him comparing himself to Jesus, who as far as I know never hit anyone over the head with a rum bottle. Can someone please post the details?

Thunderstruck30
06-04-2003, 09:35 PM
When did Sosa beat his wife with a rum bottle and compare himself to Jesus? Ive heard of both of these but Im just wondering when they happened.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-04-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
When did Sosa beat his wife with a rum bottle and compare himself to Jesus? Ive heard of both of these but Im just wondering when they happened.

Sosa compared himself to Jesus back in 2000 when the media was skewering him over his conduct during his contract negotiations with the Cubune. As for the rum bottle, that happened in the early-90's. It may have happened while he was still with the Sox?

Sammy has been a class act for a long, long time.

:smile:

Viva Magglio
06-04-2003, 09:50 PM
My favorite Sosa moment was last season when Osuna struck him out for a White Sox winner.

Daver
06-04-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
It may have happened while he was still with the Sox?

He was still with the Rangers when that happened.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-04-2003, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by daver
He was still with the Rangers when that happened.

Well, then it dates back to the late-80's. What size shirt do you suppose Sammy was wearing back then? 15-1/2? I doubt he could fit his arm through that hole today, let alone his neck.

:gulp:

Iguana775
06-04-2003, 10:18 PM
I'm sorry but I really dont give a crap about him. Yea, he is annoying and a major tool but does he really deserve all these damn threads on a SOX BOARD?

TornLabrum
06-04-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Sosa compared himself to Jesus back in 2000 when the media was skewering him over his conduct during his contract negotiations with the Cubune. As for the rum bottle, that happened in the early-90's. It may have happened while he was still with the Sox?

Sammy has been a class act for a long, long time.

:smile:

It did happen when he was still with the Sox. He was late coming to spring training that year because of that incident. He had to extricate himself from the legal mess.

LuvSox
06-04-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
It did happen when he was still with the Sox. He was late coming to spring training that year because of that incident. He had to extricate himself from the legal mess.

It was off season '90-'91.

Tragg
06-05-2003, 12:00 AM
I have no favorites; but the most disgusting was running around the bases waving the flag, after hitting a homer or whatever he did against the Astros. It was as if he had just done the equivalent of defeating the Taliban - the Taliban was in Houston, on the Astros.
Made me throw up.
Of course, the national media span it exactly opposite from the way I saw it.

WinningUgly!
06-05-2003, 12:03 AM
My favorite Sosa* moment was when he tried to use this illegal bat to cut down on his Ks...
http://cbs.sportsline.com/images/baseball/mlbcom/news/2000/sosa_1120.jpg