PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to tonights' game. Sign suggestions please


MRKARNO
06-04-2003, 04:37 PM
I want my sign to represent the WSI community's feeling. I'm also wearing my Magglio T-shirt to the game tonight.

Possible ones:

One pound of Cork $4
Wooden Baseball Bat $50
Bleacher seat at Wrigley Field $24
Seeing Sammy Sosa finally exposed
as the no good cheater he is… Priceless
(Thank you WinningUgly for this one)

Sosa:
Corker
Liar

Pop the cork!
Sosa's Caught
(and I'd include a piece of cork)

Please I need more suggestions. I'll probably use no. 1, but I can make it two sided(unless I screw up on one side)

cheeses_h_rice
06-04-2003, 04:44 PM
Got Cork?

Sammy does!

__

Sammy Sosa 505* (or whatever his current HR total is)

Tree
06-04-2003, 04:47 PM
In a simular subject I am going to the Whitesox game tonight.
I was thinking of bringing a Fire Manuel now sign. Should I?

hose
06-04-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I want my sign to represent the WSI community's feeling. I'm also wearing my Magglio T-shirt to the game tonight.

Possible ones:

One pound of Cork $4
Wooden Baseball Bat $50
Bleacher seat at Wrigley Field $24
Seeing Sammy Sosa finally exposed
as the no good cheater he is… Priceless
(Thank you WinningUgly for this one)

Sosa:
Corker
Liar

Pop the cork!
Sosa's Caught
(and I'd include a piece of cork)

Please I need more suggestions. I'll probably use no. 1, but I can make it two sided(unless I screw up on one side)



Pop goes the weasel.

whitesoxwilkes
06-04-2003, 04:54 PM
Stick a cork in him, he's done!

(hey, i tried)

Randar68
06-04-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Tree
In a simular subject I am going to the Whitesox game tonight.
I was thinking of bringing a Fire Manuel now sign. Should I?


Put a bag on your head that says, "Sox Fan", or maybe, "Whitesox baseball, my 90 year old grandma plays with more passion"

PaleHoseGeorge
06-04-2003, 05:07 PM
"Sammy, please cork Konerko's bat, too!"

Randar68
06-04-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
"Sammy, please cork Konerko's bat, too!"

Crede's too while you're at it.

hose
06-04-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
"Sammy, please cork Konerko's bat, too!"


ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!

hose
06-04-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Stick a cork in him, he's done!

(hey, i tried)


hehehe, I like it.

jeremyb1
06-04-2003, 05:50 PM
cork, its what's for dinner.

or

the power of corkroids.

or

sammy i feel your pain: i mistakenly took the neighbors kids to the game tonight instead of my own.

MetalliSox
06-04-2003, 05:55 PM
When associating "cork" with Sosa, maybe we should spell it "KORK"...or "K"ork

K for obvious reasons lately.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-04-2003, 05:59 PM
Corked bat---> Sosa
=
Tax Evasion--->Capone

PaleHoseGeorge
06-04-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Corked bat---> Sosa
=
Tax Evasion--->Capone

:capone
"Hey, dammit! Don't drag my name through the mud!!!"

Tavarin
06-04-2003, 06:04 PM
Didn't Sosa get in trouble about taxes though?

CLR01
06-04-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I want my sign to represent the WSI community's feeling. I'm also wearing my Magglio T-shirt to the game tonight.

Possible ones:

One pound of Cork $4
Wooden Baseball Bat $50
Bleacher seat at Wrigley Field $24
Seeing Sammy Sosa finally exposed
as the no good cheater he is… Priceless
(Thank you WinningUgly for this one)

Sosa:
Corker
Liar

Pop the cork!
Sosa's Caught
(and I'd include a piece of cork)

Please I need more suggestions. I'll probably use no. 1, but I can make it two sided(unless I screw up on one side)



Whatever sign you take I expect to see you on the news holding your sign while standing next to that "Still Lovin' Sammy" dork.

Tavarin
06-04-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by CLR01
Whatever sign you take I expect to see you on the news holding your sign while standing next to that "Still Lovin' Sammy" dork.

I so want to beat up that kid :)

Hullett_Fan
06-04-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
"Whitesox baseball, my 90 year old grandma plays with more passion"

LMAO!!

"It's funny cause it's true."
- Homer

Vsahajpal
06-04-2003, 07:20 PM
Bring them all, throw cork at him.

But you could buy a few beers? Really want Lowell, graziamente.

dllrbll7
06-04-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Stick a cork in him, he's done!


I like it but i would add the K idea and maybe add his career into the phrase. So something like this:

Stick a "K"ork in his career, it's done!

1951Campbell
06-04-2003, 08:01 PM
A picture of Captain Morgan with a speech bubble that says "ARRRR! The cork's out of the bottle now, matey!"

MRKARNO
06-04-2003, 11:45 PM
I ended up using the one from WinningUgly. Thank you for that. I was haggled by some Cub fans, but not too badly as Sammy struck out 3 times. The Cubs had 4 errors in the first two innings and that made me laugh a lot. CUbs lost to a horrible team which made me really happy. In the 9th inning, I swear, every Cubs fan was convinced that the Cubs were gonna come back and win it.

Also, Before the game, there were many "white sox suck" chants. Sox fans never do that with the CUbs at US Cellular.

MHOUSE
06-04-2003, 11:59 PM
"Cork, the other reason he's a cheat."

Play on the Pork the other white meat ads. Hey I tried my best. :smile:

Nellie_Fox
06-05-2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
"Cork, the other reason he's a cheat."

Play on the Pork the other white meat ads. Hey I tried my best. :smile: Hey, I like that one. Subtle, but not too subtle, and it leaves hanging the question of "what's the first reason he's a cheat" which of course we all know.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-05-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Hey, I like that one. Subtle, but not too subtle, and it leaves hanging the question of "what's the first reason he's a cheat" which of course we all know.

I agree. In fact, we've given MHouse's witty slogan a bit more visibility on the main page.

:gulp:

kwschro
06-05-2003, 09:45 AM
I went to the game last night too, b/c I got free tickets from work. I was the only one in my section who was booing Sammy during the game. I don't understand why everyone gave him a standing ovation during his first at bat, I mean the guy just got caught cheating the day before. I got a lot of crap at the game for booing Sammy and cheering for the Devil Rays. I'm just glad that I don't have to go back to that piss hole of a park again.

MHOUSE
06-05-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I agree. In fact, we've given MHouse's witty slogan a bit more visibility on the main page.

:gulp:

Thanks guys, I do my best. I'll be here all week.... :D:

39thandWallace
06-05-2003, 06:59 PM
I think this self absorbed moron couldn't go down to the minors and regain his swing. Jeter went but not Sosa.

So he grabs One of his corked bat's that I'm sure he has had for awhile, and finally get's exposed for what he is a CHEATER!!!