PDA

View Full Version : The funniest thing about Corkapalooza...

seventytwo
06-04-2003, 03:06 PM
to me is that it's a corked bat that has people calling into question Sosa*s homerun totals. Hello? Look at the guy, he's been eating roids like candy for 6 years.

Cork is to Sosa* as mail fraud was to Capone. They both got away with murder for years, but were brought down by much smaller infractions.

Viva Magglio
06-04-2003, 03:10 PM
Julie Swieca just reported on the Score that a sign is already at Wrigley, on the rooftops I believe, that reads: "WE STILL LOVE YOU SAMMY."

xil357
06-04-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by seventytwo
to me is that it's a corked bat that has people calling into question Sosa*s homerun totals. Hello? Look at the guy, he's been eating roids like candy for 6 years.

Cork is to Sosa* as mail fraud was to Capone. They both got away with murder for years, but were brought down by much smaller infractions.

Well said. I'm surprised no one's calling it Cork-Gate yet. Its more like a big media circle-cork. But seriously, folks, take my cork, please. Oh-blah-dee, oh-blah-dah, life goes on.

Daver
06-04-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by xil357
Well said. I'm surprised no one's calling it Cork-Gate yet. Its more like a big media circle-cork. But seriously, folks, take my cork, please. Oh-blah-dee, oh-blah-dah, life goes on.

I did,yesterday. :)