PDA

View Full Version : If/When Sosa* comes to US Cellular Field/another thing

MRKARNO
06-04-2003, 02:30 PM
If he's not suspended when he comes to US Cellular field, it will be amazing when he comes up to bat and the whole entire stadium is cheering "Cor-ky! Cor-ky! Cor-ky!" I can't wait for that moment. It will be amazing when sosa gets his due. I hope other team's fans are also calling him out too. We have to make him feel like Sh*t when he comes to US Cellular field.

Also Sosa* IS playing tonight...

WE SHOULD ALL GO TO WRIGLEY AND BOO HIM

cheeses_h_rice
06-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
If he's not suspended when he comes to US Cellular field, it will be amazing when he comes up to bat and the whole entire stadium is cheering "Cor-ky! Cor-ky! Cor-ky!" I can't wait for that moment. It will be amazing when sosa gets his due. I hope other team's fans are also calling him out too. We have to make him feel like Sh*t when he comes to US Cellular field

I just thought of something else: what if the Cubs work it out so that Sham-ME* gets to serve his suspension conveniently enough during the series @ the Cell? I would seriously not bet against this happening.

Damn.

MRKARNO
06-04-2003, 02:37 PM
I'm really thinking of going to Wrigley just to boo him. It would be worth the money. Besides, there's a ton of tickets left. I'll bring a sign which says on one side "Sosa=Liar" and on the other side I'll write the Sammy Sosa/Mastercard that a WSI member made up

1951Campbell
06-04-2003, 02:40 PM
This is hard to discuss in print but...

For the "Corky!" chant, I would recommend the "Darryl...Darryl" inflection as opposed to the "Harold! Harold!" inflection. Know what I mean? Any thoughts?

1951Campbell
06-04-2003, 02:42 PM
Oh, and bring a wine cork to the game...

cheeses_h_rice
06-04-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by 1951Campbell
This is hard to discuss in print but...

For the "Corky!" chant, I would recommend the "Darryl...Darryl" inflection as opposed to the "Harold! Harold!" inflection. Know what I mean? Any thoughts?

I think it should be the same cadence as the "Sam-my! Sam-my!" chant that Sosa* used to get in the "good ol' days" of yesteryear. Emphasis the second syllable, and have the chant be very forceful.

THE_HOOTER
06-04-2003, 04:04 PM
When Sosa comes to town he will be booed heavily, but I will also boo every bum on our team as well.

The White Sox fans should boo the crap out of Konerko, Valentine, Gordon, White, and many others.

I didnt need to see a corked bat to prove Sosa is an idiot.

I am much more disgusted with the play of our "supposed" talented team.

cheeses_h_rice
06-04-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by THE_HOOTER
When Sosa comes to town he will be booed heavily, but I will also boo every bum on our team as well.

The White Sox fans should boo the crap out of Konerko, Valentine, Gordon, White, and many others.

I didnt need to see a corked bat to prove Sosa is an idiot.

I am much more disgusted with the play of our "supposed" talented team.

I would boo, but I don't see what good it will do. To date, this team has been motivated by absolutely zilch.

koch44
06-04-2003, 04:10 PM
I'm making sure that my sign is all ready for June 27. :smile:

dllrbll7
06-04-2003, 07:56 PM
June 27th will be great but i dont think it will beat how i felt last night.

MHOUSE
06-04-2003, 09:15 PM
How about as he runs out to RF he gets showered with wine corks? That would be funny! Also I notice that on ESPN they somehow managed to draw connections between this Corking incident and Disco Demo, the Gamboa attack, and the Laz Diaz attack. Something about how this isn't the first or worst thing that happened to Chicago sports. UGH!

T Dog
06-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by MHOUSE
How about as he runs out to RF he gets showered with wine corks? That would be funny! Also I notice that on ESPN they somehow managed to draw connections between this Corking incident and Disco Demo, the Gamboa attack, and the Laz Diaz attack. Something about how this isn't the first or worst thing that happened to Chicago sports. UGH!

Technically, I think you're only allowed to throw corks onto Wrigley Field if they fly into the stands from an opponents bat after a home run.

duke of dorwood
06-04-2003, 09:27 PM
Hopefully, some enterprising Sox fan will sell "Corkheads" Ala Cheeseheads outside the park when he's here

hsnterprize
06-05-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
If he's not suspended when he comes to US Cellular field, it will be amazing when he comes up to bat and the whole entire stadium is cheering "Cor-ky! Cor-ky! Cor-ky!" I can't wait for that moment. It will be amazing when sosa gets his due. I hope other team's fans are also calling him out too. We have to make him feel like Sh*t when he comes to US Cellular field.

Also Sosa* IS playing tonight...

WE SHOULD ALL GO TO WRIGLEY AND BOO HIM Why don't we all go the the ballpark and chant, "Jerry Must Go!!!!! Jerry Must Go!!!!! Jerry Must Go!!!!!" Maybe if we keep chanting that over and over again, the Sox might actually do something.

mrwag
06-05-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
To date, this team has been motivated by absolutely zilch.
What about their multi-million dollar salaries? Isn't that motivation?

jortafan
06-05-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by hsnterprize
Why don't we all go the the ballpark and chant, "Jerry Must Go!!!!! Jerry Must Go!!!!! Jerry Must Go!!!!!" Maybe if we keep chanting that over and over again, the Sox might actually do something.

Be careful what you wish for, or else someone in the front office will interpret that to mean Jerry Hairston must be fired from whichever White Sox minor league affiliate he's managing this season.

alohafri
06-05-2003, 02:54 PM
speaking of signs, last night just before the scrub game started, on TV they were panning the crowd and someone had a sign that said
"A SOX FAN DID IT"

(meaning a Sox fan corked the bat)

Even if shamME isn't playing at the Cell, we still need to bring some signs.

Thunderstruck30
06-05-2003, 07:22 PM
Do you think that after Sox fans boo Sammy and treat him badly, the Chicago media will talk bad about us again and say something like how we dont seem to care our team is doing horrible and we only get happy when something bad happens to the Cubs or Sosa? They might also say that were rowdy and vulgar. They might go on and say that Sox fans would rather see something bad happen to the Cubs than to see the Sox do well. I wouldnt doubt it at all if something like that happened.

doublem23
06-05-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30
Do you think that after Sox fans boo Sammy and treat him badly, the Chicago media will talk bad about us again and say something like how we dont seem to care our team is doing horrible and we only get happy when something bad happens to the Cubs or Sosa? They might also say that were rowdy and vulgar. They might go on and say that Sox fans would rather see something bad happen to the Cubs than to see the Sox do well. I wouldnt doubt it at all if something like that happened.

**** the Chicago media. Just don't pay attention to them, it makes life a lot easier.

Dan H
06-06-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstruck30

At least we won't be like goof ball Cub fans who give standing ovations to players like Ryno who deserted his team when they needed him and the phony Sosa who embarrassed their favorite franchise. It is better to be called rowdy and vulgar than be outright pathetic.

TornLabrum
06-06-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Dan H
At least we won't be like goof ball Cub fans who give standing ovations to players like Ryno who deserted his team when they needed him and the phony Sosa who embarrassed their favorite franchise. It is better to be called rowdy and vulgar than be outright pathetic.

Ryno had some very personal reasons to leave the Cubs, all involving Cindy.

Tavarin
06-06-2003, 11:22 AM
we should make signs with these images on it:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/incognit0/rep.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/incognit0/res.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/incognit0/sosapc.jpg