PDA

View Full Version : Last Night (short rant)

hold2dibber
06-04-2003, 08:40 AM
A few thoughts on a few different subjects:

(1) Did anyone doubt, even with a 1-0 lead, that the Sox were going to lose that game last night? The moment Borchard struck out with men on 2nd and 3rd and 2 out in the (6th? 7th?), I knew it was over. (And frankly, did anyone doubt that Borchard was going to strike out in that situation?) Another 1 run "outburst" by the Sox. This team must make a change NOW. Manuel has to go. It isn't really his fault that NONE of these guys are hitting, but bringing in a breath of fresh air might wake these guys up. It is clear that Manuel hasn't been able to wake them up.

(2) I tried to avoid most of the Sosa crap last night - I just don't care. But I did catch a moment of Corey McPherson on Channel 32's coverage. His gist was "hey, even if the bat is corked, you still have to have a lot of talent to hit a home run with it!" In other words, we don't care if you cheat, Sammy, you're still wonderful and better than all the rest. What an ass kissing moron.

fquaye149
06-04-2003, 09:11 AM
1) I thought MAYBE esteban could hold them to zero runs...but then it was up to whether manuel would hook him and let the pen blow it...once the pen is in, it's about 50/50 they'll blow it(maybe worse). Apparently esteban couldn't hold them and the bullpen did blow it. no HUGE surprises on either end

2) when you combine amphetamines, steroids, and a corked bat THEN it takes a little less than talent to hit home runs. Then throw in coke(missing suitcase anybody?) and you've got yourself less a man, more a homerun hitting robot.

hold2dibber
06-04-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by fquaye149
when you combine amphetamines, steroids, and a corked bat THEN it takes a little less than talent to hit home runs. Then throw in coke(missing suitcase anybody?) and you've got yourself less a man, more a homerun hitting robot.

LMAO! Post of the week!

xil357
06-04-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by fquaye149

2) when you combine amphetamines, steroids, and a corked bat THEN it takes a little less than talent to hit home runs. Then throw in coke(missing suitcase anybody?) and you've got yourself less a man, more a homerun hitting robot. [/B]

Don't forget the 360-foot power alleys, the Sandberg basket, the tiny foul territory and the heated rising air of day baseball games.

soxrme
06-04-2003, 10:20 AM
2) when you combine amphetamines, steroids, and a corked bat THEN it takes a little less than talent to hit home runs. Then throw in coke(missing suitcase anybody?) and you've got yourself less a man, more a homerun hitting robot. [/B][/QUOTE]

let me splain about steroids, only had one bottle that lasted for two years, the suitcase belonged somebody else who happened to be related. kisses to all my fans - sammie

Hangar18
06-04-2003, 10:58 AM
when it was 1-0, i was worried, and the more men we left on
base, the more we struck out without advancing a runner (though one bright spot, 4 x we had runniers moving w the pitch) I knew we'd lose that game. And as soon as I saw onr of our worst pitchers staying in the game in the 9th, I knew we lost. You could tell by the way Carlos Lee Just casually walked towards the dugout, the ball hit on a ROPE to the gap in leftcenter. "Flash" didnt have it. As soon as I wouldve seen that sinker not sinking, I wouldve pulled him. instead, he wsa just throwing the balls up there.....BP style. of course he was gonna get a hit. all he had to do was make contact. Man is this team bad......

soxrme
06-04-2003, 11:41 AM
Is Koch hurt or were we saving him for the next inning? Taking out Marte was another mistake by JM. Don't our guys know how to cork bats?