PDA

View Full Version : Telander-Sosa a liar

Paulwny
06-04-2003, 08:13 AM
Sun Times:

Sosa said he keeps a corked bat to use during batting practice be-cause "I like to put on a show for the fans. I like to make people happy and show off.''

I believe that. I believe gangsters keep shotguns in their trunks to shoot rabbits. I believe the Tooth Fairy is married to the Easter Bunny.

I believe--I guarantee I be-lieve--that Sosa is a liar.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/telander/cst-spt-rick04.html

fquaye149
06-04-2003, 08:28 AM
does anyone remember last year during the all-star extravaganza when all the cameras were on sosa "putting on a show" during the home run derby? this whole thing kind of puts that in perspective, don't it?

and i was admittedly at a cubs game earlier this year(which they lost to the reds!!!!) and saw sammy sosa hit a grand total of zero home runs in batting practice, which is pretty damn pathetic now that we think about it.

Paulwny
06-04-2003, 08:59 AM
There's probably quite a bit of video on Shamee's hr exploits, it's time for an investigative reporter to do a study.

From Telander's article:

Is it worth noting that after returning from his recent toe injury, Sosa struck out eight times in two games, then dumped his blond bat and began using a black bat like this busted one?

Is it worth noting that he fanned five times Saturday against the Houston Astros, switched to a black bat late in the game, then singled home the winning run in the 16th inning?

Damn right. It's all worth noting now.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-04-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Sun Times:

Sosa said he keeps a corked bat to use during batting practice be-cause "I like to put on a show for the fans. I like to make people happy and show off.''

Somebody on the email list noted that the gates at the Urinal are closed until after the Flubbies complete batting practice. So Sammy's excuse is that he uses the bat to put on a show for the ground crew? :smile:

And isn't his love for the fans boundless? He risks his entire reputation just for a bit more pop in his swing--all for the fans!

LMAO!

This guy is toast.

:gulp:

RKMeibalane
06-04-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Somebody on the email list noted that the gates at the Urinal are closed until after the Flubbies complete batting practice. So Sammy's excuse is that he uses the bat to put on a show for the ground crew? :smile:

And isn't his love for the fans boundless? He risks his entire reputation just for a bit more pop in his swing--all for the fans!

LMAO!

This guy is toast.

:gulp:

I knew that it was only a matter of time before Sosa was exposed for being the fraud that he is. I hope he gets caught with more corked bats, so that MLB will declare all of his homeruns null and void.

voodoochile
06-04-2003, 02:22 PM
Talender points out that ShamME went away very quietly after getting tossed. Makes one wonder why?

Maybe there were more corked bats were in his locker and he had to move them before they were found.

:shammy
"One a day, Flinstones chewable vitamins or corked bats, it really doesn't matter which. But, only one a day..."