PDA

View Full Version : Sosa's Suspension

RKMeibalane
06-04-2003, 01:57 AM
How many games do you think Sosa should be suspended for?

hsnterprize
06-04-2003, 05:59 AM
10 games. It's as simple as that. Whether he "meant to use the bat in a game" or not is irrelevant. He, just like every other player in MLB knows that you're not supposed to use a corked bat in a game. I personally saw his bat bag, and it's HUGE. There are plenty of personalized bats in his arsenal, and there's no reason why any of them should be corked. So what if other players use them? If MLB had any guts, they'd conduct random "bat checks" like they wanted to have random drug testing. An MLB official would go into a locker room unannounced, and take 1 bat from every player to test it. If a bat is corked, the player gets suspended, and the team gets a big fine. Maybe that'll get teams to straighten up their act.

Mammoo
06-04-2003, 09:37 AM
Ten games sounds about right!

MRKARNO
06-04-2003, 11:58 AM
You should add a ban for the season and a lifetime ban

FarWestChicago
06-04-2003, 12:46 PM
:nandrolone

I should not be suspended. Everything I do is for the good of the game. I saved baseball!!

dllrbll7
06-04-2003, 08:00 PM
I think there should be a ban for life even though its pretty drastic. If we screw up at our jobs and do something completely illegal we would get fired. There is no reason baseball should be any different.

T Dog
06-04-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
I think there should be a ban for life even though its pretty drastic. If we screw up at our jobs and do something completely illegal we would get fired. There is no reason baseball should be any different.

I don't know about that. If you cheat on your taxes, won't the IRS forget it if you explain you inadvertently mailed in the practice forms?

hsnterprize
06-04-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
You should add a ban for the season and a lifetime ban ...let's not get so drastic in this situation. As much as we aren't too crazy about Sammy, let's remember that there are and were people in baseball that are legitimately guilty for things worse than putting cork in a bat...and yet, they're not only still in the game, but are even in the hall of fame.

I know this won't be popular on this board, but to tell you the truth, I actually believe the guy. Especially since the other 76 bats in his part of the locker room came up clean. Like I said before, I've seen a huge bag of bats of his when I went in the clubhouse to do after-game interviews. Personally, I don't see why it's even necessary to have a corked bat in the first place, but if MLB allows players to use them in batting practices, then Sammy, but all accounts, did nothing wrong. He'll get suspensed for using the bat in the game...there's no way around it. But, if the question is if he intentionally used the bat in the game, the answer, in my honest opinion, is no.