PDA

View Full Version : I Quit and you should consider too

diehardjoe
06-04-2003, 01:27 AM
:angry:
Guys I do not know how else to put this but I am thinking to converting to the Dark Side (North Side). I can not handle any more of this. I can handle dealing with a rebuilding club (like they are doing in Cleveland and Detroit) but not this.

I guarantee you one thing JR you have lost another season ticket holder. I guess I am looking for reason of why I should continue cheering for these pathetic bunch of losers.

I am so sick of things that I do not even want to step into the Cell the rest of this year and maybe my life. This includes the Sox vs. Cubs series (which right now the Sox if lucky will win one of the six games) and the All Star game.

JR listen load and clear: Half price Monday and Tuesday and $1.00 Hot dogs are not what we as fans want to see. We want a winner. We want a team that goes out there and fights, or at least has some fight. This team does not care which is a direct reflection of their manager.

JR you better do someone soon, because if you think that you do not have a fan base now, just wait until another month of this Sh**.

As a life long White Sox fan and diehard, TO WHITE SOX OWNERSHIP: DO SOMETHING TONIGHT OR I AM GONE !!!!

LuvSox
06-04-2003, 01:29 AM
Doesn't make you much of a diehard, now does it.

GASHWOUND
06-04-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by diehardjoe
Guys I do not know how else to put this but I am thinking to converting to the Dark Side (North Side). I can not handle any more of this. I can handle dealing with a rebuilding club (like they are doing in Cleveland and Detroit) but not this.

I guarantee you one thing JR you have lost another season ticket holder. I guess I am looking for reason of why I should continue cheering for these pathetic bunch of losers.

I am so sick of things that I do not even want to step into the Cell the rest of this year and maybe my life. This includes the Sox vs. Cubs series (which right now the Sox if lucky will win one of the six games) and the All Star game.

JR listen load and clear: Half price Monday and Tuesday and $1.00 Hot dogs are not what we as fans want to see. We want a winner. We want a team that goes out there and fights, or at least has some fight. This team does not care which is a direct reflection of their manager.

JR you better do someone soon, because if you think that you do not have a fan base now, just wait until another month of this Sh**.

As a life long White Sox fan and diehard, TO WHITE SOX OWNERSHIP: DO SOMETHING TONIGHT OR I AM GONE !!!!

Well i agree i am losing and have lost interest in putting my faith in the Sox but why would you cross over and root for the Cubs????
That doesn't make sense.
I have MLB Extra Innings and am watching the rest of MLB games and am rooting for the Cards, 'Stros, Reds, Devil Rays for obvious reasons.
I am in agony and despair about the Sox but the Sox could go 0-162 and I would NEVER even consider even remotely rooting for the Cubs. Like Luv said, don't think you are much of a die hard, but rather a casual fan.

:ass
Hey! What's the problem?!

Nellie_Fox
06-04-2003, 01:45 AM
You can be upset, but if you switch to the northside as a result, then you shouldn't be able to sleep at night. I've been through the '70 Sox (okay, I was in ViÍt Nam, so it wasn't the absolute worst thing in my life at the moment) and never, for even a moment, considered changing teams.

captain54
06-04-2003, 01:46 AM
I am so sick of things that I do not even want to step into the Cell the rest of this year and maybe my life.

I'm as pissed off as anyone, but I don' t think I could ever really say that I am not following the team and not pulling for them to do well....

from your post, it seems like your gripe is more with ownership....as it is with me....to not spend your money to see the games does not mean you are not a Sox Fan, it means you need to make a statement to ownership that you are tired of paying for watching crap....

I was a Sox fan before Reinsdorf was here and will remain one , the Good Lord willing, after he abandons ship....

you can love the team, the history, the legacy of the Sox, but despise the current ownership....

RKMeibalane
06-04-2003, 01:51 AM

"Beware losing, ivy, corked bats. The Dark Side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you, it will."

doublem23
06-04-2003, 01:53 AM
I'd jump off the John Hancock before I ever considered rooting for the Cubs.

GO WHITE SOX!

Tomorrow's another day.

P.S... If you think Detroit is in better shape than we are on a timescale of 3-5 years from now, I think your baseball intelligence will fit right in with the folks at the Urinal.

valposoxfan
06-04-2003, 03:09 AM
I would stab my eyes out with a fork, take a bath in my own feces, jump off off the Sears Tower while castrating myself and enter a raffle to spend a day with Jesse Jackson before I ever even consider being a sCrubs fan. Way to be a diehard, diehard.

Fridaythe13thJason
06-04-2003, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by valposoxfan
I would stab my eyes out with a fork, take a bath in my own feces, jump off off the Sears Tower while castrating myself and enter a raffle to spend a day with Jesse Jackson before I ever even consider being a sCrubs fan. Way to be a diehard, diehard.

There are 27 other teams I would choose before the Cubs. Seriously, even the Mets.

Kilroy
06-04-2003, 08:03 AM

To diehardjoe:

GROW SOME STONES!

The beauty of being a fan is after all the years of following them, suffering through the bad times, feeling the disappointment when they get close and fail... the beauty is having been there all along when they win.

white sox bill
06-04-2003, 08:23 AM
I'm attempting to save you from Satan's Pit! Don't do it, the world doesn't need another *hithead!

Mammoo
06-04-2003, 09:36 AM
Guys I do not know how else to put this but I am thinking to converting to the Dark Side (North Side)

MY GOD!!

The Sox suck and I mean BIG TIME but they're my Sox and I'm a born and raised South Sider. To root for the Cubs is an absolutely inconceivable concept.

Take a pill and write to us in the morning!

http://threestooges.net/images/gallery/some_more_of_samoa.jpg

Hangar18
06-04-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
You can be upset, but if you switch to the northside as a result, then you shouldn't be able to sleep at night. I've been through the '70 Sox (okay, I was in ViÍt Nam, so it wasn't the absolute worst thing in my life at the moment) and never, for even a moment, considered changing teams.

Cheers Nellie. Now I wish I had met up with ya when i was in Minny and drank a cold one with you . For a fleeting minute, I considered rooting for the cubs. but the cork, the other fans,
the stadium keep me away.....

34 Inch Stick
06-04-2003, 10:39 AM
Joe, how will you live with yourself. You will feel very foolish when you have jumped ship and the Cubs go into the tank in July due to a lack of hitting. There is no turning back at that point. In fact, your post is a strong indication that you have already turned.

Away with you Satan you cannot tempt the true fans of this board.

whitesoxwilkes
06-04-2003, 10:59 AM
I am SICK of how everyone on this board blames JR for the team's struggles. He and KW actually made some good moves in the offseason. It's not JR's fault that Valentin can't play 3rd, Konerko can't hit, etc, etc...

Hangar18
06-04-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Joe, how will you live with yourself. You will feel very foolish when you have jumped ship and the Cubs go into the tank in July due to a lack of hitting. There is no turning back at that point. In fact, your post is a strong indication that you have already turned.

Away with you Satan you cannot tempt the true fans of this board.

HEH HEHEH. Look at me, im about to travel 2000 Miles (not aaron) for the pleasure of watching them get bunted, sac flyed and double-switched to death this weekend. But for some reason, im die-hard. I have just about had it with these guys.
On a side not,,,,,Wilkie, good point. But It is Reinsdorfs fault that this current team is set up the way it is. Whos to say we dont order payroll cut, and we Keep Durham and add even better players than the ones we got. A lot of the teams troubles are Everywhere, and the off-field problems can be traced Right Smack Back to Him.

dickallen15
06-04-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
I am SICK of how everyone on this board blames JR for the team's struggles. He and KW actually made some good moves in the offseason. It's not JR's fault that Valentin can't play 3rd, Konerko can't hit, etc, etc...

KW and JR would take all the credit if this team was in first place by 10 games, thinking of themselves as geniuses. It is their job to place a good team on the field and they have failed. To compound their mistakes, their egos won't let them realize they have a bad team, and just sit there doing nothing about it. I never liked KW, but always thought JR was a little misunderstood. After this year's debacle, and the lack of any action from management, I have come to the conclusion JR needs to find something else to do.

Tragg
06-04-2003, 11:22 AM

I

Are you crazy? For as much frustration the Sox and the organization give us, the Cubs fans are inflicted with 5 times as much. The only difference is that those suckers are ridiculously easy to please: a playoff appearance every 15 years, one good player and a "wild card championship" satiates their thirst for success - Sox fans have much higher standards and demands.

Procol Harum
06-04-2003, 11:26 AM

Say it ain't so, Joe! I can understand how this sorry-butt organization would drive you to despair and send you out to find your very own custom-fit, personalized Florida Marlins jersey--but to consider switching over to those maroons on the North Side?! Puh-leeeze! Put down the crack pipe and call someone for help....

gosox41
06-04-2003, 11:35 AM

While being a Cub fan may be overkill, I don't blame you for not giving JR anymore of your time or money. He doesn't deserve it.

captain54
06-04-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
I am SICK of how everyone on this board blames JR for the team's struggles.

This is the third year in a row the team has underachieved......the whole makeup on the team was built to rely on offense, and yet, KWilliams has tried to put the entire weight of the offense on mostly inconsistent (with the exception of Magglio) hitters....

Please, don't get sucked into the weak argument that JR can't perform on the field.....he is the chairman....the team has struggled for three and a half years now.....it should ultimately be on his shoulders....

RKMeibalane
06-04-2003, 01:07 PM
Unless the White Sox (somehow) win a World Series in the near future, Reinsdorf will have to deal with any criticism that's directed towards him. He has been here for over two decades, and this team has but three playoff apperances to show for his work. The best chance the Sox had at reaching the World Series was ruined by JR in 1994, when he refused to back down from the players' union. Say what you want about baseball players being greedy, it was Reinsdorf who played a large part in the strike happening. Has he ever apologized for his behavior? No. Has he ever expreessed any remorse for costing the Sox and their fans the chance to experience a WS firsthand? Nope. He doesn't give a damn, even though he probably should. Until things turn around, he's going to have to "bite the bullet." We're not Flubs fans. Losing isn't cute.

Dan H
06-04-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

I totally agree with this. It is one thing to be disgusted with the Sox. I am as well, and I am more than tired of rebuilding that produces one or two winning seasons and not much else. But there is no way I could become a Cub fan. The only traditions they have are losing and fleecing their fans. Wrigley is overrated, and so is that miserable franchise.

I can understand anyone's frusration. I have little faith in an ownership that doesn't appear to have the will or know how to turn this team around. But I grew up a Sox fan. I don't even want to go near Wrigley and don't care if I ever attend another game there even if the Sox are playing.