PDA

View Full Version : WIll someone please go BALLISTIC!


Randar68
06-03-2003, 11:14 PM
This is the most pathetic team of underachievers in the history of this franchise.

Dump Tom Gordon flat on his face. Someone kick someone in the nuts. This team needs someone to go absolutely bonkers. I don't care who it is.

Frank, please break something, and do it over the collective bullpen's head. Meanwhile, can the starters please pick up some bats and start beating the crap out of the hitters on this team? SHow them how to hit something for Christ's sake!!!!

I am through watching this team play until they do something drastic. Unreal. I have better things to do thius summer.

Blow this ***** up and use the money and trades to build this thing over from scratch.

AAAAAAARRRRRGH!

Daver
06-03-2003, 11:16 PM
Randar,don't hold back,tell us how you really feel. :smile:

Randar68
06-03-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by daver
Randar,don't hold back,tell us how you really feel. :smile:

It took a lot of restraint to write it that civil. Tom Gordon should be shot.

Daver
06-03-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
It took a lot of restraint to write it that civil. Tom Gordon should be shot.

Feel free to borrow this.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/Glock20.jpg

spanishwhite
06-03-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
It took a lot of restraint to write it that civil. Tom Gordon should be shot.

I second that motion.

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel better now, but I realize that WE STILL SUCK!

NO OFFENSE!
NO BULLPEN!
NO DEFENSE!
NO HEART!

JoseCanseco6969
06-03-2003, 11:37 PM
I totally agree with Flush Gordon getting shot. I was so upset when i learned KW got that waste of space in the offseason and i cringe every time i see manuel call him to the mound. Yeah hes got a nice fastball at times and gets the strikeouts once in a while but then follows with a walk and a few singles. Dump Gordon, Rick White, Valentin and whoever else we can unload and just forget this year as someone already said. "We stink" as maggs so truthfully put it.

Nellie_Fox
06-03-2003, 11:42 PM
A tailor-made, inning ending double play ball to Jiminez resulted in a fumbled underhanded toss that shouldn't have gotten any outs (Valentin was a foot off the base by the time it got to him. Not his fault, his timing was to get to the bag when the toss should have gotten to him.)

If that run didn't score, the game wouldn't have gone to extra innings. Once again, bad defense costs the Sox a game. Don't tell me about how more runs would have made that irrelevant. A major league second baseman cannot misplay the ball like that. There was nothing challenging about that double play ball.

jeremyb1
06-03-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
A tailor-made, inning ending double play ball to Jiminez resulted in a fumbled underhanded toss that shouldn't have gotten any outs (Valentin was a foot off the base by the time it got to him. Not his fault, his timing was to get to the bag when the toss should have gotten to him.)

If that run didn't score, the game wouldn't have gone to extra innings. Once again, bad defense costs the Sox a game. Don't tell me about how more runs would have made that irrelevant. A major league second baseman cannot misplay the ball like that. There was nothing challenging about that double play ball.

i wouldn't be so sure we would've gotten finley. we would've had a good shot but he runs well and the ball wasn't hit all that hard.

Fridaythe13thJason
06-03-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
i wouldn't be so sure we would've gotten finley. we would've had a good shot but he runs well and the ball wasn't hit all that hard.

Nope, totally agreed with Nellie here. I have watched enough baseball to know that that was an easy double play. Finley is speedy, but not Rafael Furcal speedy. That ball was hit decently hard, and right at Jiminez. I hardly even felt a need to watch when it came off the bat. It shoulda been easy. Most high school tandems coulda turned that DP.

GASHWOUND
06-04-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
It took a lot of restraint to write it that civil. Tom Gordon should be shot.

I would shoot this entire offensive first...Gordon has let us down alot, but I put all the blame on this despicable thing we refer to as an offense..It is truly offensive... :angry:

GASHWOUND
06-04-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
A tailor-made, inning ending double play ball to Jiminez resulted in a fumbled underhanded toss that shouldn't have gotten any outs (Valentin was a foot off the base by the time it got to him. Not his fault, his timing was to get to the bag when the toss should have gotten to him.)

If that run didn't score, the game wouldn't have gone to extra innings. Once again, bad defense costs the Sox a game. Don't tell me about how more runs would have made that irrelevant. A major league second baseman cannot misplay the ball like that. There was nothing challenging about that double play ball.

I agree, our defense is absolutely brutal and take as much as the blame as Tom Gordon should. We need a huge overhaul of the entire lineup. I'm sickened by them. :angry:

GASHWOUND
06-04-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
This is the most pathetic team of underachievers in the history of this franchise.

Dump Tom Gordon flat on his face. Someone kick someone in the nuts. This team needs someone to go absolutely bonkers. I don't care who it is.

Frank, please break something, and do it over the collective bullpen's head. Meanwhile, can the starters please pick up some bats and start beating the crap out of the hitters on this team? SHow them how to hit something for Christ's sake!!!!

I am through watching this team play until they do something drastic. Unreal. I have better things to do thius summer.

Blow this ***** up and use the money and trades to build this thing over from scratch.

AAAAAAARRRRRGH!

You don't know the half of it...You KNEW this team was gonna blow it, you just knew it. When Arizona scored that first run on that tailor made DB I sceamed out loud in frustration. Then I did that, "Ok, just clam down."
It's just sickening...it's a disgrace..and it's embarrassing.
Loaiza pitched his ass off and his offense and defense lets him down.
I just don't know why JM won't just resign! Also the team should hold a press conference to apologize to their fans for their disgraced play, at least that would tell us that they do care. I agree Randar...
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:


Sorry, I just can't take anymore of this crap :angry:

RKMeibalane
06-04-2003, 01:09 AM
This team is so pathetic. They can't do anything right. Thomas and Loaiza were the only ones who seemed to be paying attention tonight. Everyone else was just "going through the motions."

Fire Jerry Manuel! He has been with this team for six seasons, and they still haven't learned how to execute. Simple ground balls end up leading to big innings for the opposition. No one knows how to bunt. No one can hit a cut-off man. Manuel sits in the dugout sleeping most of the time. When he's awake, he has that stupid smirk on his face, probably because he's just come up with another goofy-ass lineup for the next game. I am so sick of this crap.

Blow the team up, and start over. Build around Ordonez, Olivo, Crede, and Borchard. Allow Frank to remain with the team because he deserves to retire having played his entire career with one team.

Trade Lee, Konerko, and Garland. Cut Gordon and White. Fire Manuel. Send Kenny Williams into exile. ARRGGHHH!

Nellie_Fox
06-04-2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Thomas and Loaiza were the only ones who seemed to be paying attention tonight. Everyone else was just "going through the motions." Did anyone else notice Frank diving back at first to try to tag out the runner after recovering the bad throw on the rebound? I held my breath, fearing another tricep injury.

Frank got ripped here last year for not sliding on a couple of close plays. I think he should get credit for the effort he put in tonight.

RKMeibalane
06-04-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Did anyone else notice Frank diving back at first to try to tag out the runner after recovering the bad throw on the rebound? I held my breath, fearing another tricep injury.

Frank got ripped here last year for not sliding on a couple of close plays. I think he should get credit for the effort he put in tonight.

I had the same thought when that happened. The last thing the Sox need is players to miss time with injuries. I thought Frank did a nice job out there. He was hustling and trying to make plays defensively. If Manuel has any sense, he'll leave Frank at first for a while in order to see if his hitting continues to improve. Bringing Daubach in was a stupid thing to do. He's no better defensively than either Thomas or Konerko. Manuel is driving me crazy with his "tinkering."

Nellie_Fox
06-04-2003, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Bringing Daubach in was a stupid thing to do. He's no better defensively than either Thomas or Konerko. That was my thought. It's not like he was brining in Mientkiewicz to replace Frank. If the game went extra innings, I want Frank to get another AB!

RKMeibalane
06-04-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
That was my thought. It's not like he was brining in Mientkiewicz to replace Frank. If the game went extra innings, I want Frank to get another AB!

Agreed. The Sox didn't gain anything defensively with the substitution of Brian Daubach. Manuel should have been thinking ahead to later on in the game. If the game had gone another inning or two, the number three spot would have come up again. Frank has been much more effective than Daubach, so it makes more sense to just leave him in. Manuel is becoming harder to tolerate with each passing day. It won't be long before Hawk and DJ start questioning his decisions.

cheeses_h_rice
06-04-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
A tailor-made, inning ending double play ball to Jiminez resulted in a fumbled underhanded toss that shouldn't have gotten any outs (Valentin was a foot off the base by the time it got to him. Not his fault, his timing was to get to the bag when the toss should have gotten to him.)

If that run didn't score, the game wouldn't have gone to extra innings. Once again, bad defense costs the Sox a game. Don't tell me about how more runs would have made that irrelevant. A major league second baseman cannot misplay the ball like that. There was nothing challenging about that double play ball.

Yep, Jimenez just choked. Pathetic, but completely unsurprising in my opinion. I just knew that Loaiza's gem would go to waste.