PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Game Day Thread 6-03-03 White Sox at Dbacks

Jjav829
06-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Use this thread and only this thread if you must post a comment about tonight's game. All other threads will be deleted! Otherwise, please join us in the WSI chat room (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/chat.php?s=) for a discussion of tonight's game.

Randar68
06-03-2003, 07:25 PM
Sheesh, an hour early!

Daver
06-03-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Sheesh, an hour early!

He may be busy later. :redneck

Viva Magglio
06-03-2003, 07:37 PM
We won't have to worry about facing Curt Schilling. The Diamondbacks have put him on the DL with a broken hand. Outside of our not having to face him, the Diamondback were itching to trade Schilling if Arizona is out of the race. Now, that goes down the drain.

Randar68
06-03-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
We won't have to worry about facing Curt Schilling. The Diamondbacks have put him on the DL with a broken hand. Outside of our not having to face him, the Diamondback were itching to trade Schilling if Arizona is out of the race. Now, that goes down the drain.

Don't worry, now Sosa might not be in the lineup when we play them! HAHAHAHA!

He's always been a cheater who didn't respect the game, I couldn't be more joyous.

voodoochile
06-03-2003, 07:50 PM
Don't worry, now Sosa might not be in the lineup when we play them! HAHAHAHA!

He's always been a cheater who didn't respect the game, I couldn't be more joyous.

:shammy
"The bat wasn't corked. I just replaced the steroids... er... Flinstone Vitamins with a red wine regimine. The cork flew out of my pocket when I crushed that pitch."

sox_fan_forever
06-03-2003, 08:39 PM
I have a feeling this thread is going to be rather dead tonight. :cool:

Jjav829
06-03-2003, 08:41 PM
Sheesh, an hour early!

I posted one at about 7:30 am for a night game a week or two back. This one was relatively late. Besides, I've haven't been posting them lately because Im either busy or forget to do it.

duke of dorwood
06-03-2003, 08:45 PM
Well, that''s not the last bunt we will see at Big Frank

kermittheefrog
06-03-2003, 09:04 PM
If I didn't know it was impossible I'd say the Sox ground into DPs more than they reach base.

doublem23
06-03-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
If I didn't know it was impossible I'd say the Sox ground into DPs more than they reach base.

No, only when there's a chance that they may score a couple of runs.

Tavarin
06-03-2003, 09:29 PM
whoa, 2 steals already, and one actually helped score a run!

kermittheefrog
06-03-2003, 09:53 PM
Farmer and Rooney were just talking about the draft today and they didn't even know who went first. I'm surprised they knew who the Sox took with their first pick. They weren't even familiar with the names of Delmon Young and Rickie Weeks. At least Farmer knew Young is Dmitri Young's brother. You'd think if your life revolves around baseball you'd know that kind of stuff.

SoxxoS
06-03-2003, 10:27 PM
Joe Borchard's swing is L-O-N-G.

balboner
06-03-2003, 10:39 PM
Wow, do the umpires hate the Sox! That pitch to Baerga was right down the plate, called it a ball, and led to the double. Just once, cant the Sox get a call.

balboner
06-03-2003, 10:46 PM
Sox D costs them another game likely. Jimenez really sucks in way too many aspects of the game. He can hit solid, but his D just kills the Sox, along w/Jose and Graffy.

SoxxoS
06-03-2003, 10:48 PM
But we have the chance to get out of the inning with a TAYLOR MADE double play, and Jimenez cant get it out of his glove. A quality start by Loaiza...WASTED.

Plus, Flash just got the summons, so chalk it up as an "L" right now, so you aren't dissapointed.

sox_fan_forever
06-03-2003, 10:49 PM
I can't stand this team. :angry:

SoxxoS
06-03-2003, 10:50 PM
The error wouldn't be that big of deal...IF WE CAN PUT UP MORE THAN 1 RUN ON THE BOARD.

:chunks

SoxxoS
06-03-2003, 10:54 PM
We might have the worst switch hitters in all of baseball...

Borchard
Valentin
Jimenez
W Harris

kermittheefrog
06-03-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by balboner
Sox D costs them another game likely. Jimenez really sucks in way too many aspects of the game. He can hit solid, but his D just kills the Sox, along w/Jose and Graffy.

Are you kidding me? In a game where we score ONE LOUSY RUN, you are blaiming the DEFENSE?

Viva Magglio
06-03-2003, 11:02 PM
Since the Sox are in Phoenix, I think they ought to go right down I-10 and spend the whole damn day in Tucson right back at the Kino Sports Complex learning how the **** to play baseball. Our execution is horse****.

Viva Magglio
06-03-2003, 11:03 PM
Do you question JM's decision to let Gordon start the 9th? I realize that Flash did a great job in the 8th, but wouldn't you let Wunsch face Luis Gonzalez here?

SoxxoS
06-03-2003, 11:07 PM
Do you question JM's decision to let Gordon start the 9th? I realize that Flash did a great job in the 8th, but wouldn't you let Wunsch face Luis Gonzalez here?

Manuel's too confused right now to think about that stuff...hes still trying to figure out what a double switch is.

Right now he is most likely going to walk Overbay (lefty) and put the winning run in scoring position. Nevermind...basehit.

A.T. Money
06-03-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Are you kidding me? In a game where we score ONE LOUSY RUN, you are blaiming the DEFENSE?

Tailor made double play, that a high school team could have turned. Our defense has failed Loaiza. A 1-0 lead is nothing for him, so it's up to the defense to help, and they cannot.

Sure, our offense has played a good game of suckfest, but lets be true to ourselves here...our defense is piss, and I hold my breath everytime they put the ball in play.

A.T. Money
06-03-2003, 11:09 PM
When is Manuel going to figure out that Gordon is a one inning type guy? Gordon is the gas can for the second straight game.

Did anyone just see him nearly throw a pitchout away for the loss?

I'm ready to hang myself now.

kermittheefrog
06-03-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by SoxDemon
Tailor made double play, that a high school team could have turned. Our defense has failed Loaiza. A 1-0 lead is nothing for him, so it's up to the defense to help, and they cannot.

Sure, our offense has played a good game of suckfest, but lets be true to ourselves here...our defense is piss, and I hold my breath everytime they put the ball in play.

If we need to shut out the other team to win games we're pathetic and it's not because we aren't strong enough on defense.

SoxxoS
AND THATS A WHITE SOX LOSER!

Who is going to be the #1 pick in next years draft?

doublem23
D'oh!

:angry: :gulp: :whiner: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

JRIG
06-03-2003, 11:12 PM
I continue to be amazed that Manuel will not allow our best pitcher (Marte) to actually pitch. Enough of this 2/3 of an inning crap.

But I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

CellBlockInmate
Once again they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!!!

SoxxoS
KW witnessed this whole thing, what do you think is going through his head right now?

doublem23
06-03-2003, 11:13 PM
Oh well, at least Esteban didn't get the L.

doublem23
Originally posted by SoxxoS
KW witnessed this whole thing, what do you think is going through his head right now?

Monkeys scratching each other's backs.

Viva Magglio
Yet another JM decision (leaving Gordon in) costs us a ballgame. Well, it was not entirely JM's fault. There was Valentin's horse**** defense and that great offensive output too. KW was there tonight, and I hope he fires Manuel right now.

:firejerry

A.T. Money
:chunks

A.T. Money
06-03-2003, 11:15 PM
Incompetance from the manager, right down to the stinkin bat boy.

F this team. :angry:

Fridaythe13thJason
06-03-2003, 11:18 PM
Ya know, being across the country from this team, and being around winning baseball, it remains hard to continue to love this team. They're not even a team that loses that tries hard...they just sucks and stink. They're the Mets...and I hate the Mets.

Tavarin
06-03-2003, 11:18 PM
Do you think Gordon has something on Manual, like Clayton had for the last two years?

Way to blow a perfectly good day Flash....

THE_HOOTER
06-03-2003, 11:20 PM
I can no longer give this team my support.

They just suck-aside from Loiaza this year, I don't care who they get rid of now.

It doesnt matter-we are one of the worst franchises in baseball.

Tonight is the last game I will watch.

This team deserves the 10000 fans a game they get. What a bunch of bums.

Please dont blame the manager or the GM; they all should take the blame-starting at the top.

I hope they lose 100 games this year.

jeremyb1
06-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Yet another JM decision (leaving Gordon in) costs us a ballgame. Well, it was not entirely JM's fault. There was Valentin's horse**** defense and that great offensive output too. KW was there tonight, and I hope he fires Manuel right now.

i strongly disagree here. i stood up for manuel when he stayed with gordon in the last game but he really screwed up here. if they've tied the game and the best case sceneario we're likely headed into a long extra innings game (since we don't hit) i want to hope i can pitch marte the 8th and 9th, then koch and gordon for two innings a piece. instead he pulls his best reliever on a pen short in depth after 2/3rds of an inning?!?! even if we get out of that inning he has to know we won't go far if he pulls marte and then perhaps pitch hits for gordon, the fifth batter in the 9th. pure insanity.

while i think manuel was dead wrong here, if you ask me this game still has very little to do with the managing. we scored one run! one! that's your story of the game right there as it has been all season. our pitching is much improved but we're still not good enough at preventing runs without at least middle of the pack run support.

kermittheefrog
06-04-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by JRIG
I continue to be amazed that Manuel will not allow our best pitcher (Marte) to actually pitch. Enough of this 2/3 of an inning crap.

But I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I agree 100%. LET MARTE PITCH.

fuzzy_patters
06-04-2003, 01:12 AM

I don't believe Valentin's errant throw was his fault. There was a man bearing down on him, and Jimenez soft tossed the throw. That's Jimenez's fault. He needs to make sure that Valentin has the ball earlier.

LuvSox
06-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS

:KW

"Note to self---buy cork for bats out of 'half price hot dog day' budget."