PDA

View Full Version : Jerry's Kids

whtsox72
06-03-2003, 03:18 PM
Grafanino pinch hits for Valentin.

IF, Grafanino were to get a hit and tie the game, who would play 3rd? Maybe Grafanino.
BUT, who would play short? Willie Harris? I thought he hurt his shoulder and couldn't throw?
So we would put our center fielder, Willie Harris, at second which is his natural position and move our second baseman over to short which is NOT his natural position.

GREAT MANAGING JERRY!!! Way to think that one through.
Of course, if I had Tom "FLASH-the lead is gone" Gordon on my team, I wouldn't need to worry about such little details of the ball game.

Top of the eighth, Marte just blew through the seventh inning. Do you keep him in? Not if your name starts with Jerry.
Bring in "FLASH" who gets a strike out. Then proceeds to give up back-to-back singles.
Runners on 1st and 3rd with 1 out.
Do you keep in a pitcher who just doesn't seem to have it this year or do you bring in Glover or Koch from the pen?
If your name is Jerry Manuel, you call for the famous "FLASH" curve ball that is about 2 feet short of home plate and the ball gets away from the catcher and the tying run scores.
Now you decide to bring in a new pitcher.
BUT, as Manuel constantly says, "It is still early in the year."

HEY BUDDY!! WAKE UP!! IT'S THE END OF FRICKIN' MAY!!!

Take your 127 at bats over 5 YEARS with 3 different teams and your career .150 average and GET THE HECK OUT OF DODGE!!
93 GAMES over 5 YEARS!!! You were a SECOND BASEMAN!! If there were any position on the field that does not require a brain, it would be second base.

And finally...
4 Hitting coaches - $1.5 million
2 Pitching coaches - $1 million
New 1st and 3rd base coaches - $1 million
Keeping your job as your team underachieves year after year after year....PRICELESS

Hey Kenny, FIRE THIS BUM!!!
Bring in Fisk!! At least as a catcher he was into every game. And he would command the respect of those on the team. The guys a Hall of Famer. Not even Ron Santo has a leg to stand on against that.

Thank you and good night. :pudge

Daver
06-03-2003, 03:19 PM
Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

RKMeibalane
06-03-2003, 04:07 PM
Welcome to WSI!

Regarding your post, Willie Harris is not with the Sox right now, so he could not have been used in yesterday's game. Harris was sent down to make room for Joe Borchard.

Randar68
06-03-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Welcome to WSI!

Regarding your post, Willie Harris is not with the Sox right now, so he could not have been used in yesterday's game. Harris was sent down to make room for Joe Borchard.

IIRC, he was put on the DL when LTP was recalled.

Daver
06-03-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
IIRC, he was put on the DL when LTP was recalled.

Ding Ding!!

You are correct.He is also not having a whole lot of improvement with his shoulder.