PDA

View Full Version : Corwin Malone "Movin' on up"

Randar68
08-20-2001, 05:05 PM
Corwin, on the heels of his dominant, yet somewhat wild AA debut, is moving towards the top of Baseball America's prospect rankings....

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/minors/hotsheet0820.html

Jerry_Manuel
08-20-2001, 05:14 PM
Randar is Malone a power pitcher or is he more like Buehrle who has good command?

Randar68
08-20-2001, 05:26 PM
Randar is Malone a power pitcher or is he more like Buehrle who has good command?

HE is really a cross. He throws a 93-94 mph 2-seam fastball and a very sharp curve, but still throws a lot of strikes and just is learning how to pitch. He has about 3 pitches and the development of his change has been a key. I really made fun of Phil Rogers last year, he wrote the Sox top 10 for BA, about making Malone one of the top 15. He really struggled with control as a reliever last season, but seems to have harnessed his stuff. The best part, is he just turned 21. I'd guess he's likely to be invited to spring training....

Dennis Ulacia is REALLY a Mark Buehrle clone. 4 pitches, all for strikes, remarkable poise, and a mediocre fastball....hopefully, he will have the same type of success.

Jerry_Manuel
08-20-2001, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Dennis Ulacia is REALLY a Mark Buehrle clone. 4 pitches, all for strikes, remarkable poise, and a mediocre fastball....hopefully, he will have the same type of success.

That would be tremendous if he good be anything close to Buehrle.

:clueless
"They both get to much attention and guess what? They stink!"

Iguana775
08-20-2001, 07:03 PM
damn. 12 k's in 6.2!!? impressive. he had 6 bb's and a wild pitch but i think that may have just been jitters. i cant wait to see this guy. think he will be a non-roster invite next spring??? if he keeps on pitching like this he will.