PDA

View Full Version : Ownership Fantasy

thechico
06-03-2003, 12:29 PM
I know this is a bit far fetched, but what if the Sox could be publicly owned like the Cheeseheads? Imagine the PR if we were really Chicago's team or IL's team. I know it would be an uphill battle against the Flubbie Fans (and possibly the biscuit and gravy eaters) but Daley's a southsider. Don't know about Blago though. Thoughts, comments, dirty limericks?

Chico :smile:

Daver
06-03-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by thechico
I know this is a bit far fetched, but what if the Sox could be publicly owned like the Cheeseheads? Imagine the PR if we were really Chicago's team or IL's team. I know it would be an uphill battle against the Flubbie Fans (and possibly the biscuit and gravy eaters) but Daley's a southsider. Don't know about Blago though. Thoughts, comments, dirty limericks?

Chico :smile:

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

Procol Harum
06-03-2003, 01:25 PM
I I know it would be an uphill battle against the Flubbie Fans (and possibly the biscuit and gravy eaters)

Whaddya mean by "biscuit and gravy eaters"? I happen to like biscuits and gravy, son ....

Fridaythe13thJason
06-03-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
Whaddya mean by "biscuit and gravy eaters"? I happen to like biscuits and gravy, son ....

He probably means those from central and southern Illinois, those not from the City. My parents used to refer to people as that, and its remotely offensive, but there definitely is a different philosophy on biscuits and gravy when you leave the City.

LuvSox
06-03-2003, 02:38 PM
(and possibly the biscuit and gravy eaters)

I hope you're not in the PR business.

1951Campbell
06-03-2003, 03:14 PM
Hey, sounds good to me...
||
||
||
||
\/

Mammoo
06-03-2003, 03:14 PM
http://www.eeecooks.com/recipes/2002/02/10/b_and_g_1814.jpg
That's good eatin' Pardner!!"

white sox bill
06-04-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
He probably means those from central and southern Illinois, those not from the City. My parents used to refer to people as that, and its remotely offensive, but there definitely is a different philosophy on biscuits and gravy when you leave the City.

Growing up far from the city, biscuts and gravy probably does mean that. But then, we always had names for "City folk" too esp. after the story broke years ago that some hunters from the city shot a dog downstate that they mistook for a deer!

thechico
06-05-2003, 08:35 PM
Thanks Daver.
Nope, not in PR.
I know it's remotely offensive, but when I started going to school in Carbondale, it was like a whole other country! I had heard of grits, but was shocked one day to see someone behind me and put gravy onto his biscuits. Shocking! :o:
People "downstate" don't like that term. So, I came up with one of my own.
Haven't lived in the Chicago area in 10 years. My wife likes the B&G.
I never tried the B&G, but I doubt it beats Comiskey food. :D:

Chico