PDA

View Full Version : D'Ang


Viva Magglio
06-03-2003, 12:05 PM
D'Angelo Jimenez was on J. Hood's show last night and said, among other things, that he has nothing in common with Paul Konerko. Do not ask me for a recap because I did not hear the interview, and I only heard Boers & Bernstein play the Konerko clip.

B & B went on to suggest that D'Ang's comments was a sign of a fractured clubhouse. They also went on to reiterate the preception of Jimenez in San Diego, telling the story of Ryan Klesko saying along the lines that the only way to see a lazier D'Angelo Jimenez was to see D'Angelo Jimenez lying in an open casket. Ouch.

Since D'Ang is the only real consistent hitter in the lineup, I don't see how he is being lazy on this squad. But with comments like the one he made about Konerko, it might make KW very angry.

Kilroy
06-03-2003, 12:34 PM
That's crap. They don't have to like each other outside the lines to play well inside them.

The clubhouse is only fractured because of the losing. There's guys in there worring about being sent to AAA, there's guys in there worrying about free agency, there's guys in there trying to live up to their fat-ass contracts, and there's at least one guy in there worrying about how his performance is going to affect contract offers after turning down 27 mil.

All that is due to losing.

Hangar18
06-03-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
That's crap. They don't have to like each other outside the lines to play well inside them.

The clubhouse is only fractured because of the losing. There's guys in there worring about being sent to AAA, there's guys in there worrying about free agency, there's guys in there trying to live up to their fat-ass contracts, and there's at least one guy in there worrying about how his performance is going to affect contract offers after turning down 27 mil.

All that is due to losing.

Agreed.

SpringfldFan
06-03-2003, 01:35 PM
I heard that interview and that quote. The thing of it is that Jimenez can barely speak or understand english. Half of what Hood asked him he had to ask a secondtime because D'ang simply didn't understand the words, or especially the context and meaning behind them. IOW, when he said they had "nothing in common" it didn't mean the same thing we would think it means. Perhaps he was just saying they had no gripes with eachother now. Perhaps he was just saying the incident was not important to them. And yes, perhaps it was a shot at him, but it is tough to read between the lines of a quote from a guy that is not proficient with the language.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-03-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by SpringfldFan
....perhaps it was a shot at him, but it is tough to read between the lines of a quote from a guy that is not proficient with the language.

Hey now, don't make us move this to the "Grammar & Syntax" thread in the parking lot!

:smile:

Fridaythe13thJason
06-03-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Hey now, don't make us move this to the "Grammar & Syntax" thread in the parking lot!

:smile:

Oh please don't get poor D'Angelo involved in that. :smile:

whitesoxwilkes
06-03-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
Oh please don't get poor D'Angelo involved in that. :smile:

I wouldn;t wish that thread on my worst enemy.

maurice
06-03-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
I wouldn;t wish that thread on my worst enemy.

Unfortunately, I missed the grammar thread. It sounds like a good time. I stopped reading the other message boards here rather abruptly some time ago. The War on Terror board had devolved into "I Love France" v. "Anyone Questioning Any Policy Of The Bush Administration = Terrorist," and the Parking Lot turned into "Anyone Who Disagrees With Me Or Agrees With Any Policy Of My Enemies = Antichrist." They're more like soxtalk.com and quite a contrast to this board. I appreciate that the basic laws of logic (and sometimes grammar) are enforced by the posters here. It drives away most of the trolls.

Daver
06-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by maurice
It drives away most of the trolls.

I kill the rest of them.