PDA

View Full Version : Good news?

MRKARNO
06-02-2003, 07:42 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=230602105

White Sox management has maintained that Manuel's job is safe, but there has been speculation the sixth-year skipper may be released during the remainder of the four-city, 14-day trip.

PLEASE "RELEASE" MANUEL NOW

I think the national media is finally catching on to how bad we're underperforming and the national pressure is building on KW and JM. I hope this is the case

PaleHoseGeorge
06-02-2003, 08:09 PM
IMO, the only way firing Jerry Manuel could be considered a "good" thing is if it's the first leg of the "Sox Fans' Triple Crown."

1. Fire Manuel, and

2. Fire Williams, and

3. Reinsdorf's partners force him out!

This ship is sinking. I'm not in favor of pretending things are okay by rearranging the deck chairs.

:selljerry

RKMeibalane
06-02-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
IMO, the only way firing Jerry Manuel could be considered a "good" thing is if it's the first leg of the "Sox Fans' Triple Crown."

1. Fire Manuel, and

2. Fire Williams, and

3. Reinsdorf's partners force him out!

This ship is sinking. I'm not in favor of pretending things are okay by rearranging the deck chairs.

:selljerry

:reinsy

"We'll repair the damage to the ship once fans show up at the ballpark."

MHOUSE
06-02-2003, 09:00 PM
Yeah I saw this article too. It seems like everyone else realize's our problems and knows what needs to happen and reports that it will except for anyone inside our own organization! It's baffling and sucky. :angry:

lowesox
06-02-2003, 09:29 PM
I'm a long-time Manuel supporter who about a month ago started calling for a manerial change. I wasn't sure then if that would fix things, but what I really wanted to see was an effort by management to make an effort to try to find a solution.

If Manuel gets fired now, it will be a case of too little, too late for me. The season's already over. And Williams will be doing it, not because he realized a change was in order on his own, but instead to save his job because that's what the media's calling for.

I have no respect for KW. He is the worst thing to happen to the WhiteSox in my tenure as a fan. Worse than Bevington. Worse than Navarro. Worse than Clayton. Until he is gone, this team won't win.

RKMeibalane
06-02-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
I'm a long-time Manuel supporter who about a month ago started calling for a manerial change. I wasn't sure then if that would fix things, but what I really wanted to see was an effort by management to make an effort to try to find a solution.

If Manuel gets fired now, it will be a case of too little, too late for me. The season's already over. And Williams will be doing it, not because he realized a change was in order on his own, but instead to save his job because that's what the media's calling for.

I have no respect for KW. He is the worst thing to happen to the WhiteSox in my tenure as a fan. Worse than Bevington. Worse than Navarro. Worse than Clayton. Until he is gone, this team won't win.

I think most of the Sox current problems can be traced back to Ken Williams. He is the one who accquired Royce Clayton prior to the 2001 season. He is also the moron who thought that Todd Ritchie would bring stability to young, unproven starting rotation.

KW isn't cut out to be a general manager. That position requires both intelligence and a sophisticated understanding of baseball and the men who play it. Williams is neither intelligent, nor does he possess the necessary amount of baseball knowlege needed to run a Major League organization. He is learning on the job, and that can't be allowed. He would be better off serving as an assistant GM so he could learn how to do his job properly. Reinsdorf should never have hired him.

voodoochile
06-02-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I think most of the Sox current problems can be traced back to Ken Williams. He is the one who accquired Royce Clayton prior to the 2001 season. He is also the moron who thought that Todd Ritchie would bring stability to young, unproven starting rotation.

KW isn't cut out to be a general manager. That position requires both intelligence and a sophisticated understanding of baseball and the men who play it. Williams is neither intelligent, nor does he possess the necessary amount of baseball knowlege needed to run a Major League organization. He is learning on the job, and that can't be allowed. He would be better off serving as an assistant GM so he could learn how to do his job properly. Reinsdorf should never have hired him.

It goes deeper than that. What good manager would come here and work for JR and KW? They are going to put in a stop gap at best and the season is still going to be a wash. Then next year, it is going to be worse.

PHG is right. Clean house from the top down and use a firehose. It's the only way to get the smell of crap out of the clubhouse...