PDA

View Full Version : Who believes that the Sox will reach .500 again this season ?

South Sider
06-02-2003, 03:34 PM
Now that they're 6 games under .500 and play like they're playing in the last month or so and with the really tough opponents still to play I really doubt that the Sox will even reach the .500 mark again this season.

I predict that the Sox will finish the season with 65-70 wins
(just avoiding a 100 loss season barly)

I'm so depressed and frustrated but still

I LOVE MY WHITE SOX

Let's hope for a much better 2004 with fresh and hungry players
and a new manager

Go Sox

dickallen15
06-02-2003, 03:40 PM
Just like the past 2 years, in the middle of August when they have no chance and all the pressure is off and they are playing against other teams late season call ups, they will get on a roll and go above .500. Then management, so encouraged by this play will try to sell it as a maturation of the team, and to expect bigger and better things with the same stiffs playing, managing and running the team. As Sox fans we will go into the winter full of hoped only to have it dashed by May 1, 2004.

South Sider
06-02-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by dickallen15
Just like the past 2 years, in the middle of August when they have no chance and all the pressure is off and they are playing against other teams late season call ups, they will get on a roll and go above .500. Then management, so encouraged by this play will try to sell it as a maturation of the team, and to expect bigger and better things with the same stiffs playing, managing and running the team. As Sox fans we will go into the winter full of hoped only to have it dashed by May 1, 2004.

You can't compare this season with 2001 and 2002

Why?

Because of Buehrle,Konerko,Maggs,White,Koch,Jose etc.

When August has arrived the Sox will be so far behind the .500 mark that even a late run (don't think this will happen this time)
will not be enough to get back to .500

hold2dibber
06-02-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by South Sider
You can't compare this season with 2001 and 2002

Why?

Because of Buehrle,Konerko,Maggs,White,Koch,Jose etc.

When August has arrived the Sox will be so far behind the .500 mark that even a late run (don't think this will happen this time)
will not be enough to get back to .500

Huh? Buehrle, Konerko, Maggs, Koch, Jose, etc. are all playing much worse than they always have in the past. It certainly seems likely that some (if not all) of them will improve and start playing at least close to their historical levels. That's exactly why dickallen15 is right - the guys who have sucked so far will start turning it around just when the Sox are completely out of it (they're not quite there yet, but after they get the living crap kicked out of them in LA and Arizona, they will be) and the team will end up with somewhere between 79 and 83 wins. Again. Yuck.

vegyrex
06-02-2003, 05:00 PM
Heh, at this rate the Sox will need the Hubble to see .500 :(:

South Sider
06-04-2003, 01:41 AM
Now 7 under.

It's getting harder to reach that mark with every game.

I'm surprised that so much people voted that they will reach the .500 mark again.

Can you tell me why you have so much confidence ????

Right now...avoiding a 100 loss season will be hard to do.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

GASHWOUND
06-04-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by dickallen15

BINGO!!!

There just waiting till their double digits down from first place so they'll have no pressure on them. I'm thinking they'll start to hit and play great D when their about 14 or 15 games back..This team is pitaful :angry:

doublem23
06-04-2003, 01:51 AM
I'm thinkin' 82-80, 13 games out.

RKMeibalane
06-04-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
I'm thinkin' 82-80, 13 games out.

That sounds about right. Then Williams won't fire Manuel because he had another "winning" season.

South Sider
06-05-2003, 02:32 AM
Now 8 under !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For everyone who voted for yes

8 under means they have to win 8 more
3-game series by 2-1 without loosing a series 1-2

Hard to believe.

A sweep ????

No way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Sox

Dan H
06-05-2003, 10:50 AM
I really don't care if they reach .500 or not. This was supposed to be a contending season, and it is nothing close to that. It is getting to the point that we look like idiots waiting for a World Series that never comes. Carol Slezak had it right in one of her recent columns. The White Sox have become boring.