PDA

View Full Version : Do We Need Any Other Proof That This Year Is Over

34 Inch Stick
06-02-2003, 02:54 PM
...and yet the biggest move KW has made is to bring up Borchard and Harris.

A.T. Money
06-02-2003, 03:06 PM
I'm happy to see Borchard. Would you rather see that stiff Rowand? At least Borchard is getting the experience needed for a permanent stay here.

Not sure exactly what your point is.

:threadsucks

34 Inch Stick
06-02-2003, 03:35 PM
The point is that KW has watched the season go down the drain without an attempt to change the management or makeup of this team. We have lost to the Tigers and Cleveland (as we did last year) after splitting a series on the road with the hottest team in baseball (Toronto). Obviously the Sox have the talent to win. They are lacking desire (management) and execution (players). Yet we see no changes.

This post has nothing to do with Borchard. At this point Borchard, Crede, and Olivo should play every day. Colon should be sold to the highest bidder (there is no way he signs here next year). Rauch should take Colon's place in the rotation. Jimenez should get some time at SS and Harris at 2B to see if they can play those positions on the major league level.

The reason I mention Harris/Borchard's name is because if that is what KW expects as an answer to our problems he must go.

Guess the point must have been a little to subtle for you. Even if you couldn't understand at least you had a chance to sharpen your computer skills.

Mammoo
06-02-2003, 04:35 PM
I think your point was obvious and your clarification was well done.

Rome is burning and "Nero" Williams has done nothing about it. I have called for Williams to something to wake up this team yet he fails to act.

As far as I'm concerned there isn't an untouchable in this organization.

MHOUSE
06-02-2003, 04:38 PM
It's ridiculous that KW can say if we don't make the playoffs then Jerry is out of a job. What kind of pressure is that? Based on recent performances, we're not going near the playoffs. DO SOMETHING. Fire the manager, trade someone.

vegyrex
06-02-2003, 04:41 PM
I don't need anymore proof. Stick a fork in them. :angry:

lowesox
06-02-2003, 04:48 PM
Hey, lets give Kenny a little credit. He also called up Josh Paul and put Alomar on the DL!!!!!

gosox41
06-02-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
The point is that KW has watched the season go down the drain without an attempt to change the management or makeup of this team. We have lost to the Tigers and Cleveland (as we did last year) after splitting a series on the road with the hottest team in baseball (Toronto). Obviously the Sox have the talent to win. They are lacking desire (management) and execution (players). Yet we see no changes.

This post has nothing to do with Borchard. At this point Borchard, Crede, and Olivo should play every day. Colon should be sold to the highest bidder (there is no way he signs here next year). Rauch should take Colon's place in the rotation. Jimenez should get some time at SS and Harris at 2B to see if they can play those positions on the major league level.

The reason I mention Harris/Borchard's name is because if that is what KW expects as an answer to our problems he must go.

Guess the point must have been a little to subtle for you. Even if you couldn't understand at least you had a chance to sharpen your computer skills.

It's amazing how dense KW is. Every year the team goes through its annual extended slump. And all he keeps doing is bringing back the same exact players while not filling holes in other areas. Sure Ordonez, Konerko, Thomas, and Lee are all good to great hitters. But they are also streaky and need to be broken up.

Of course, that goes without saying that my idea last off season was to dump Konerko instead of extending his contract.

Also, I remember when the A's were struggling last year. Beane gave the team about 50 games then made a lot of changes including trading Giambi.

KW just sits there like a dolt.

To paraphrase, there are three types of people in this world:
1. Those who make things happen.
2. Those who watch things happen.
3. Those who wondered what happened.

Guess we all know what category KW falls into.

Bob

Lip Man 1
06-02-2003, 09:29 PM
Folks:

I understand and sympathize with the comments in this thread but I've also got to ask, what do you want the Sox to do?

They can (and should) fire Manuel but the bottom line is that Uncle Jerry's is NOT going to wake up tomorrow and change his organizational philosophy. He's not going to add to the payroll (which is now smaller then the twins), he's not going to allow whoever flunky GM he's got to sign top pitchers to long term deals, he's not going to spend for the top international talent that always seems to go to the Yanks and Mariners, he's not going to pay top dollar for experienced winning field and general managers.

I honestly don't know what the Sox can do to rectify their mediocrity. It all starts with ownership and until that changes no real change will be taking place just some 'cosmetic" changes.

I've got to tell you I can't ever recall feeling as hopeless about the Sox future as I do right now.

Lip

lowesox
06-02-2003, 09:36 PM
I just want to see management trying to fix problems, instead of cowardly waiting for them to resolve themselves. What has Kenny done? Nothing. You can't even give him credit for calling Borchard up in an effort to shake things up -- no it took an injury to Willie Harris (who was hitting, what, .151?).

If management tried making a change when one was so obviously needed then I would say "oh $hit, well that's nobody's fault." Not the case here. Nobody has done anything to try to fix this mess.

RKMeibalane
06-03-2003, 12:00 AM
The entire team needs to be overhauled. Konerko and Lee should be traded, and stiffs like Sandy Alomar, Rick White, and Josh Paul should be released. This team is pathetic. They don't care about winning. They don't care about being successful. They don't even know how to compete, much less win their division.

Things will not get any better until large scale changes are made, and I don't see any changes of that magnitude happening anytime soon. Williams is too lazy do anything, and Reinsdorf will just blame the fans for this mess.

Is there still a strong mofia presence in Chicago? If so, maybe someone should find a way to get rid of Reinsdorf. He has long overstayed his welcome. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Iwritecode
06-03-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Folks:

I understand and sympathize with the comments in this thread but I've also got to ask, what do you want the Sox to do?

The answer to that question is quite simple...

:selljerry

harwar
06-03-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

I've got to tell you I can't ever recall feeling as hopeless about the Sox future as I do right now.

I couldn't agree more.I was so looking forward to this season.I think we need to dump Valentin & Konerko somehow.We need a hot young shortstop and first baseman.Play Lee,Borchard,Maggs,Crede,Olivo,and Jimenez everyday and dump the rest and start getting ready for a run next year maybe.Also,someone needs to tell Crede to stop trying to hit EVERYTHING to the opposite field.He swings at every outside pitch and pops it up.He needs to relax and hit his natural way ans see what happens.

dickallen15
06-03-2003, 11:04 AM
The season was over after the first series in KC. Whatever happened to the "boot camp" that was supposed to occur this spring? They weren't ready to play, and that was
Manuel's fault. Time to start housecleaning, if its possible.