PDA

View Full Version : Tony G.

balboner
06-02-2003, 02:21 PM
I know most of the people on this board love Graffanino, but I think his D has been killing the Sox this year. He's made many crucial errors that have lead to big innings. Also, for supposedly being a veteran, he sure seems to choke under pressure. I'll never forgive him for blowing that Cubs game a few yrs ago. The Sox really need to try and find an everyday, good fielding SS for the future. If anyone thinks Jimenez is that person, just imagine how bad his range would be at SS

LuvSox
06-02-2003, 02:30 PM
Not everybody loves Crappinino

LuvSox
06-02-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Not everybody loves Crappinino

"Stop calling me that!!!"

34 Inch Stick
06-02-2003, 02:53 PM
He is good at 2b, average at SS and bad at 3b. He will usually hit about .300 for the first 100 at bats. After that his average drops to .260. He cannot bunt.

As a backup he has flaws. As any everyday player he will hurt you. I like Tony G but that is a fair assessment.

FarmerAndy
06-02-2003, 03:15 PM
Tony G. isn't all that great with the glove. Of course, our everyday shortstop has an even worse glove.

We're screwed.

daveb816
06-02-2003, 04:30 PM
Tony G. is an absolute butcher at SS and makes Jose look like a gold glover in comparison. His offense is non-existent lately, too.

Foulke You
06-02-2003, 04:33 PM
Tony Graffanino is what he is. A good, solid guy to have coming off the BENCH. He also isn't a SS or a 3B as Manual likes to position him. His natural position is 2B where he seems to do pretty good defensively. But this is D'Angelo's position so Manuel tinkers away to get Graffy some at bats. Bottom line, Tony G should be used primarily as a pinch hitter and a guy to spot D'Angelo here and there for a day off.

MHOUSE
06-02-2003, 04:40 PM
Yeah Tony G isn't that good at SS or 3rd whatsoever. He's actually pretty good at 2nd, but his offensive numbers are always up and down following his little hot streaks. I like having him on the team though. There are more problems here than the odd error by Graffy.

FarmerAndy
06-02-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by daveb816
Tony G. is an absolute butcher at SS and makes Jose look like a gold glover in comparison. His offense is non-existent lately, too.

My Grandma couldn't make Jose look like a gold glover in comparison, and she's in a wheelchair. And don't overlook the fact that Jose's offense has been every bit as non-existent lately.