PDA

View Full Version : *Official* game day thread 6/02 vs. Indians

Konerkoholic
06-02-2003, 11:17 AM
Use this thread to talk about the White Sox vs. the Cleveland Indians game. Gametime is 11:05 CT. Starters are Bartolo Colon vs. Brian Anderson. Uh huh huh huh.

LuvSox
06-02-2003, 11:20 AM
3 K's for Colon already. Hitters better take care of him today.

voodoochile
06-02-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by LuvSox
3 K's for Colon already. Hitters better take care of him today.

#999, #1000 and #1001 of his career - Nice way to start the game...

Konerkoholic
06-02-2003, 11:27 AM
Konerko's groundout brings him to .200. I can't figure out what's wrong with him. He's not even striking out that much.

LuvSox
06-02-2003, 11:28 AM
Maybe he needs a little Reese :D:

LuvSox
06-02-2003, 11:35 AM
I would luuuuuuuuuuv to see him get 21 k's today. Leave that has-been Wood in the dust!

Hangar18
06-02-2003, 11:52 AM
Rooney on the radio is saying this was a TERRIBLE CALL ...as usual. Lets call out Wagner the Umpire here. Said the tag was on Lawtons arm more than a Foot away from the Bag.
How many Freaking bad calls are going to go against the Sox??
Rooney is saying that Umps need to be making the Right Call.
Saying he was out by a MILE !!

SoxxoS
06-02-2003, 11:52 AM
Another horrible call against us on a steal. Runner called safe when CLEARLY he was tagged. This streak of bad luck has to end sometime. Doesn't it?

Viva Magglio
06-02-2003, 11:53 AM
Gee, another blown call by an umpire. In fact, it's the same guy who gave us a tough time Friday night. This is my solution:

BRING INSTANT REPLAY TO BASEBALL

I am not the biggest fan of instant replay, but if that is what it takes to get these moronic umpires' calls right, I am all for it!!! I don't care if instant replay reviews cause games to last five hours, I am sick and tired of seeing increasingly bad calls made. I realize that no umpire calls a perfect game, which is understandable. However, this series is and open and shut case of how bad umpiring has become.

voodoochile
06-02-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Rooney on the radio is saying this was a TERRIBLE CALL ...as usual. Lets call out Wagner the Umpire here. Said the tag was on Lawtons arm more than a Foot away from the Bag.
How many Freaking bad calls are going to go against the Sox??
Rooney is saying that Umps need to be making the Right Call.
Saying he was out by a MILE !!

The replays were much clearer. It was a close play, even though the ball beat Lawton by 15 feet, he made a great slide to avoid Graff's first tag, but the second tag clearly got him before the hand hit the bag, even if it was only by 6 inches or so. Wegenger needs to get a new job, because he sucks at his current one...

BTW, Lawton was trying to stretch a single into a double against Maggs, not stealing...

LuvSox
06-02-2003, 11:58 AM
The streak of perfect officiating in Cleveland goes on.........

mack10zie
06-02-2003, 11:59 AM
Runner on third, 1 out, Pauly pops out to SS. When's the last time he actually came through in a situation like this?!? Last season?!

Iwritecode
06-02-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
This streak of bad luck has to end sometime. Doesn't it?

Well, it has been going on for almost 100 years...

LuvSox
06-02-2003, 12:13 PM
If the staff at the Training Center is as good as they say, can we send the major leaguers over there to learn a thing or two?

Paulwny
06-02-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by mack10zie
Runner on third, 1 out, Pauly pops out to SS. When's the last time he actually came through in a situation like this?!? Last season?!

The tribe announcer mentioned that this weekend the sox are 2 for 22 with RISP. Could it get any worse?

mack10zie
06-02-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
The tribe announcer mentioned that this weekend the sox are 2 for 22 with RISP. Could it get any worse?

I guess if we were 1 for 22..... but wow, that's just horrible.

lowesox
06-02-2003, 12:24 PM
I know that Colon looked pretty shaky at the beginning of the season, but he's really come on. I think we should start a bidding war for his services. Really, we should be trading Loaiza too.

I worry about who Kenny wouldn't get in return though.

This team is so done.

mack10zie
06-02-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
This team is so done.

I keep thinking the same thing, but then I look at the standings and we're only what, 6 games back, and I can't help but hold out hope that we c

mack10zie
06-02-2003, 12:27 PM
This team is so done.

I keep thinking the same thing, but then I look at the standings and we're only what, 6 games back, and I can't help but hold out hope that we can play up to our potential hitting wise which would put us right back into the race. Maybe I'm just being too optimistic, well most likely I am, but I still have some hope.

lowesox
06-02-2003, 12:28 PM
Six back is a lot for a team that has lost a series to Detroit, and now Cleveland.

seventytwo
06-02-2003, 12:31 PM
I know that Colon looked pretty shaky at the beginning of the season, but he's really come on. I think we should start a bidding war for his services. Really, we should be trading Loaiza too.

I worry about who Kenny wouldn't get in return though.

This team is so done.

I can understand dealing Colon if we're out of it by the trade deadline. But why deal Loaiza? We have an option on him for only $4million next year---pretty cheap for a solid pitcher. That is, unless, you think his first two months have been a mirage (which may be completely true.)

mack10zie
06-02-2003, 12:31 PM
Six back is a lot for a team that has lost a series to Detroit, and now Cleveland.

I realize, and I"m beginning to think I'm delusional, but hey, having hope is more fun than giving up for me I guess. Also, I think we could get the most for either Esteban or Bartolo closer to the deadline when teams are starting to get desparate to make a deal, and unless a great offer were to come around earlier we should hold out until then and wait until people start calling us. I really don't think that Loaiza would be worth that much at this point because even though he's been outstanding the feeling I get is that most of the people around the league think that it won't last. If he can keep it up for another month or so his value will be much much higher than it is now.

lowesox
06-02-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by seventytwo
I can understand dealing Colon if we're out of it by the trade deadline. But why deal Loaiza? We have an option on him for only $4million next year---pretty cheap for a solid pitcher. That is, unless, you think his first two months have been a mirage (which may be completely true.)

I think a total rehaul is in order -- I don't think we'll be good next year either so why not get a guy who'll be good a year or two down the road. Also, I believe in buy low sell high, and Loaiza is at his peak.

lowesox
06-02-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by mack10zie
I realize, and I"m beginning to think I'm delusional, but hey, having hope is more fun than giving up for me I guess. Also, I think we could get the most for either Esteban or Bartolo closer to the deadline when teams are starting to get desparate to make a deal, and unless a great offer were to come around earlier we should hold out until then and wait until people start calling us. I really don't think that Loaiza would be worth that much at this point because even though he's been outstanding the feeling I get is that most of the people around the league think that it won't last. If he can keep it up for another month or so his value will be much much higher than it is now.

Sorry to be pessimistic. You may be shocked to know that I was one of the most possitive posters at WSI less than a month and a half ago. The problems is our Manager and GM have no idea how to fix problems, and until we have people in those positions who do, we'll continue to be mediocre or worse.

LuvSox
06-02-2003, 12:37 PM
I believe in buy low sell high, and Loaiza is at his peak.

Exactly. The right GM could get a great return on the Loaiza investment.

balboner
06-02-2003, 12:53 PM
Tony G. can't play SS in the major leagues. His D gaffes have cost us many runs this year already. Also, it's time that we either DL Konerko or see if he has any options to send him down.

duke of dorwood
06-02-2003, 01:15 PM
It would apear we have many utility players on this team

ChiSoxBobette
06-02-2003, 01:31 PM
:angry: This team is a joke and today June 2nd we're going to be swept by the Cleve. Indians. We have an Owner who does'nt care a GM who can't evaluate talent and a manager who after 6 years still does'nt have a clue as to how to manage. Of course after the All- Star break the firesale will begin with Reinsdorf telling all of us he has to drop payroll because nobody comes out to support this team. Support this team I'm a weekend season ticket holder plus I buy single weekday tickets throughout the year but you can bet not next year ARE LISTENING JR NOT NEXT YEAR. How this owner can sit on his hands and let this guy manuel stinkup this baseball team is UNBELEIVEABLE. But before the game today Wills & Levine said that there probably would'nt be anything done at all except maybe a trade. So let me guess Loaiza, Colon, they were even saying Ordonez because after next year Maggs is a free agent. This year is over and its only June 2nd UNFREAKINBELIEVEABLE PEOPLE. What a shame loyal White Sox fans have to have the wool pulled over our eyes year after year by these 3 Idiots.
Reinsdorf SEll This Team So At Least I'll Be Able To See The White Sox In At The Very Least The Playoffs. No other owner would have put up with Kenny Williams & Jerry Manuel for this long Reinsdorf is the heart of the problem.
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Fridaythe13thJason
06-02-2003, 01:35 PM
What are the odds that White doesn't give up at least two runs here?

Fridaythe13thJason
06-02-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by SoCalUIC
What are the odds that White doesn't give up at least two runs here?

Good thing I'm not a betting man.

Paulwny
06-02-2003, 01:38 PM
Tribe announcer-- "White's having the type of year that probably puts him on the waiver wire."

siugrad25
06-02-2003, 01:40 PM
That's right, if the Sox don't manage to score three runs this innings, we've managed to get swept by the fourth-place Tribe and become the first team to get swept by them this year. And would you believe, by the standings, the Tribe move within 1 game of third place. And yet, we do nothing. I love White Sox baseball.

siugrad25
06-02-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Tribe announcer-- "White's having the type of year that probably puts him on the waiver wire."

So does that mean we extend his contract, while trading Loiaza, Colon and Buehrle?

This isn't the '97 Tribe ya know?

Paulwny
06-02-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by siugrad25
So does that mean we extend his contract, while trading Loiaza, Colon and Buehrle?

This isn't the '97 Tribe ya know?

He was saying that with the year he's having the sox are ready to dump him for anthing.

Hangar18
06-02-2003, 01:55 PM
These Indians score a run, without a single hit. Meanwhile, the Sox get 3 hits in an inning, and cant score? This team is unbelievably bad, and weve got to go to AZ and LA now.....
and watch our 7 thru 9 Hitters/Pitcher 0 for 81 in the AZ series. ANd go 0-81 in the LA series to further bring our Offense towards Horrid Levels....

duke of dorwood
06-02-2003, 01:58 PM
K Punce

Paulwny
06-02-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
These Indians score a run, without a single hit. Meanwhile, the Sox get 3 hits in an inning, and cant score? This team is unbelievably bad, and weve got to go to AZ and LA now.....
and watch our 7 thru 9 Hitters/Pitcher 0 for 81 in the AZ series. ANd go 0-81 in the LA series to further bring our Offense towards Horrid Levels....

Our offense has already reached horrid levels.

Konerkoholic
06-02-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Maybe he needs a little Reese :D:
Here ya go, Paulie.

:reese
:walnuts

"Thanks, Reese. I'll get my average up to .205, I promise!"

:jerry

"Don't strain yourself, Paulie. The hitting will come around, you'll see."