PDA

View Full Version : sox under Reinsdorf

oldcomiskey
06-02-2003, 10:15 AM
the Captian brought up a thread that I have been thinking about in great detail the last couple of days and it needs to be addressed in detail. Since the famed Jewish lawfirm took over we have had some pretty big names here and I dont mean Dave Weirmeister.Albert Belle, Carlton Fisk, Greg Luzinski, Steve Carlton, Bartolo Colon, David Wells and Jose Canseco have been nrought in at various times.....but we have alos had some dregs brought in too. Navarro, Clayton, Jerry Royster, George Foster, and Gary Redus.....it seems to me the Sox were better off with both Einorn and Reinsdorf than with just JR

hold2dibber
06-02-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
the Captian brought up a thread that I have been thinking about in great detail the last couple of days and it needs to be addressed in detail. Since the famed Jewish lawfirm took over we have had some pretty big names here and I dont mean Dave Weirmeister.Albert Belle, Carlton Fisk, Greg Luzinski, Steve Carlton, Bartolo Colon, David Wells and Jose Canseco have been nrought in at various times.....but we have alos had some dregs brought in too. Navarro, Clayton, Jerry Royster, George Foster, and Gary Redus.....it seems to me the Sox were better off with both Einorn and Reinsdorf than with just JR

Not quite sure what you're getting at here. Are you suggesting that JR and EE together are a good ownership "team" but JR alone is not a good owner? Are you suggesting that they have done their job by bringing in big names? Or something else? I don't get it.

One quick thought, though -- of all of the "big name" guys you mentioned, all except Colon and Fisk were brought in after their hey day (and I would add Tom Seaver to that list).

oldcomiskey
06-02-2003, 11:50 AM
yes i did foget about Seaver----man was he something----but My point was maybe JR is getting tired of bringing in guys and the team still sucks--I mean a new owner will want to make a splash right away-----I never did quite understand this thing with JR anyway--he brings in good players mostly and they dont perform--his fault?--no way

voodoochile
06-02-2003, 12:05 PM
yes i did foget about Seaver----man was he something----but My point was maybe JR is getting tired of bringing in guys and the team still sucks--I mean a new owner will want to make a splash right away-----I never did quite understand this thing with JR anyway--he brings in good players mostly and they dont perform--his fault?--no way

One big name every 3 years isn't exactly Yankee material is it now? JR needs to crap or get off the pot. Building a winner isn't THAT difficult, even for low level teams. Where were the Mariners in 1990? Where were the Sox? Where are both teams now? JR's footprints are all over the backs of the players, manager, GM and fans. He needs to go away and soon...

captain54
06-02-2003, 12:27 PM
I never did quite understand this thing with JR anyway--he brings in good players mostly and they dont perform--his fault?--no way

as was mentioned before, he brings in big names (that everyone has probably already passed on, thus lowering their value) and maybe he gets one maybe two good years out of them and then they're outta here......George Bell and Steve Sax come to mind....

bringing in one marquee player and hoping it brings a championship to the South Side is really a short sighted way of doing things anyway...look at the Texas Rangers....

how about building a solid organization from the top down...based on fundamentals, speed, defense, situational hitting, baserunning, etc.....this is where I would love to see the Sox headed, and where Reinsdorf and his crew have missed the boat since day one....