PDA

View Full Version : Schedule Differences to Consider

Twins8791
06-02-2003, 02:00 AM
In addition to having a 6 game deficit to the Twins to overcome, the rest of the season poses some problems for the Sox, e.g.:

The Sox play the Dodgers (31-25) in LA, while Twins play the Rockies (27-30) in Minnesota. The Rockies have the worst road record in baseball at 6-22.

The Sox play the Cubs (30-25) in a home & home series, the Twins play the Brewers (22-34).

The Sox haven't played the Yankees yet.
The Twins haven't played the Indians yet. (19 games)

Finally, the Twins get to play the White Sox (25-30).
The White Sox have to play the Twins (31-24).

Cheers! :smile:

Nellie_Fox
06-02-2003, 02:25 AM
Yet another argument against interleague play.

Hangar18
06-02-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Twins8791
In addition to having a 6 game deficit to the Twins to overcome, the rest of the season poses some problems for the Sox, e.g.:

The Sox play the Dodgers (31-25) in LA, while Twins play the Rockies (27-30) in Minnesota. The Rockies have the worst road record in baseball at 6-22.

The Sox play the Cubs (30-25) in a home & home series, the Twins play the Brewers (22-34).

Man, things sure dont look good for the Sox do they? Then again, things didnt look good for us at the end of April, when
we realized we needed to go 19-9 in May to get back in this.......

hold2dibber
06-02-2003, 01:25 PM

The biggest impediment to the Sox' chances to catch the Twins is not the schedule. It is the fact that the Sox are not very good at baseball, whereas the Twins are.

CHISOXFAN13
06-02-2003, 01:51 PM
Try worryting about how to beat the Mariners. I think we are well aware on this board about the upcoming schedule.

fhqwhgads
06-02-2003, 02:04 PM

Even more fun: The Twins only have 13 games left against >.500 teams. Seven of those are against the O's (.504).

GO TWINS!

Chisox353014
06-02-2003, 02:15 PM

We could play only the Tigers for the rest of the season and we still wouldn't win the division. Enjoy the playoffs.

hold2dibber
06-02-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by fhqwhgads
Even more fun: The Twins only have 13 games left against >.500 teams. Seven of those are against the O's (.504).

GO TWINS!

I don't know what's more depressing - the fact that the Twins have such an easy schedule, or the fact that the friggin' Orioles are better than the Sox this year, despite having about 1/50th of the Sox' talent.

DonkeyKongerko
06-02-2003, 07:46 PM
It's also sad to think that even if the Twins schedule was hard in the 2nd half and ours was easy again I still don't think we would contend for this division.

MHOUSE
06-02-2003, 07:59 PM
We definately had our easiest scheduling early whereas the Twins had the harder set early. We can't beat them and couldn't beat up inferior teams. They did. We also don't look like improving a heck of a lot so the schedule doesn't matter if they keep playing well and we DON'T.

Twins8791
06-02-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Try worryting about how to beat the Mariners. I think we are well aware on this board about the upcoming schedule.

I WILL worry about that, about the time I feel a nip in the air and the leaves turn color. Though the Twins may be lucky enough to play the A's again.

One thing this shows, though, if your team's 'natural enemies' have a better team than the one of the team you are chasing, it's unfair the way interleague play is scheduled.

If you all play the same teams the same number of times, all that matters is talent - and timing.

Tragg
06-03-2003, 12:24 AM
I WILL worry about that, about the time I feel a nip in the air and the leaves turn color. Though the Twins may be lucky enough to play the A's again.

One thing this shows, though, if your team's 'natural enemies' have a better team than the one of the team you are chasing, it's unfair the way interleague play is scheduled.

If you all play the same teams the same number of times, all that matters is talent - and timing.

Timing is a big factor.

I don't find interleague play to be a serious inequity. Inequities abound: divisions differ in strength; eveyone plays a different schedule, same division or not; and obviously people chasing after the wild card play vary schedule strengths.

Plus, interleague play is INTERESTING. My objection is they jam it into one month - play 1/2 in june and 1/2 in August.