PDA

View Full Version : Do the Sox need to totally crash and burn for Reinsdorf to be exposed for what he is?

captain54
06-02-2003, 01:12 AM
I'm starting to feel like I'm almost to the point where I wish this team would hopelessly and miserably crash and burn.....I'm sick of the high expectations (third year in a row) and nothing happens....I'm tired of being teased into thinking maybe there's still a chance in hell....

the game Sunday is a good example....there's no way a championship caliber team would have lost that game to the Indians.....so once that's established, isn't it better for the team to crash and burn??? drop below the Indians and even the Tigers in the Central....??

I'm beginning to think this is the ONLY way things will get better.....we hover around 6 or 7 games out and all we hear from the lamebrains in charge of this mess is "we're confident things will get better, these guys are better than that, blah, blah, blah.."

NO...the GM and field manager suck, the team sucks, and above all, the man calling the shots at the top SUCKS.....let's quit the illusion that something is going to happen this season.....let this team fall completely on its ass so JR is forced to a) admit his mistakes, look at this team realistically, and make the necessary changes b) finally admit he has no business running a major league baseball franchise and pass on the team to a new group of owners....

maybe it won't be so bad.....teams have gone from worst to first in one year....I myself can't take another season of high expectations and then be let down again.....

MikeKreevich
06-02-2003, 06:58 AM
Do the Sox need to totally crash and burn for Reinsdorf to be exposed for what he is?
A simple answer: Yes.

Dan H
06-02-2003, 09:20 AM
Do they need to crash and burn? Apparently, since no one in the organization seems concerned at the moment.

1951Campbell
06-02-2003, 09:20 AM
They draw 15,000 people a game, tops, in America's second-biggest city, they're in third place in baseball's crappiest division--who's to say they haven't already crashed and burned?

Procol Harum
06-02-2003, 09:34 AM
To anyone with a modicum of common sense and a concept of historical context more profound than a gnat, Reinsdorf was exposed several years ago.

The question is how bad will it have to get to make him either renounce his sinful ways or sell the stinkin' team. On those matters--yes; the team will have to bottom out, attendance will have to continue to head south, and we will have to face rebuilding for the umpteenth time before JR might decide to finally cut he, and his fellow investors' $ losses.

joecrede
06-02-2003, 11:24 AM
What criteria do you use to judge whether an owner is good or not?

captain54
06-02-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by joecrede
What criteria do you use to judge whether an owner is good or not?

1)the ability to build an organization from the top down with solid baseball people...development of a minor league system based on solid fundamental baseball

2)the ability to keep and promote people in the organization based on baseball sense and knowledge rather than their prowess in kissing butt

3)the ability to be humble and admit to the fans when things havent worked out, along with a willingness to try and make things better

4)a commitment to the city and the fans in bringing a winner

TornLabrum
06-02-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by captain54
1)the ability to build an organization from the top down with solid baseball people...development of a minor league system based on solid fundamental baseball

2)the ability to keep and promote people in the organization based on baseball sense and knowledge rather than their prowess in kissing butt

3)the ability to be humble and admit to the fans when things havent worked out, along with a willingness to try and make things better

4)a commitment to the city and the fans in bringing a winner

The obvious model for a good owner would be whoever owns the A's. They've accomplished a lot with a low budget because they have people running the club who actually know what they are doing. They have a plan, and it works.

Lip Man 1
06-02-2003, 08:24 PM
I think older Sox fans caught on to Uncle Jerry years ago.

It's the new generation that's now finally understanding the anger and frustration that older fans has had to live with.

Lip

TornLabrum
06-02-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I think older Sox fans caught on to Uncle Jerry years ago.

It's the new generation that's now finally understanding the anger and frustration that older fans has had to live with.

Lip

I tend to agree that the majority of older fans caught on to The Chairman's act about the time of the 1994 strike. Seeing a possible World Series yanked away from us a month and a half before the end of the season didn't set right with a lot of people.

Mammoo
06-04-2003, 08:45 AM
It's bad enough he's built an organization that produces losing baseball, now he compounds the problem by disappearing when the team goes into the ****ter!!

Not my idea of a leader! :angry: