PDA

View Full Version : Fan based movements

MRKARNO
06-01-2003, 08:52 PM
Do these ever work? If we actively boycotted our ownership, would it help? How can we force Jerry to sell? Would a new owner realize that if he spends that fans would come in droves?

I think a fan boycott is in order. No TV, no radio and least of all, dont go to the games. Picket the sox. Pay people not to spend their money on JR.

:reinsy
"If something like that happened, I would keep the team just to piss off those loyal fans"

:selljerry

gosox3072
06-01-2003, 11:27 PM
If we ever did that hed move the team far far away as fast as he possibly could!!!!

MikeKreevich
06-02-2003, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Do these ever work? If we actively boycotted our ownership, would it help? How can we force Jerry to sell? Would a new owner realize that if he spends that fans would come in droves?

I think a fan boycott is in order. No TV, no radio and least of all, dont go to the games. Picket the sox. Pay people not to spend their money on JR.

"If something like that happened, I would keep the team just to piss off those loyal fans"

I think the boycott started a few years ago and is growing in size.

mandmandm
06-02-2003, 08:24 AM
For those going to the all star game, wear white shirts with big black letters F REINSDORF. Simple, national tv, if enough people wear them they are bound to make it on the tv. Better yet people in the bleachers wear them for the home run derby. It would hard to beat the embaressment that Bud the Dud faced in his own stadium last year but maybe it would show baseball fans how Sox fans really feel about their owner.

Procol Harum
06-02-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Guzman's Goat
I think the boycott started a few years ago and is growing in size.

Good point. It's probably most accurate to say that the boycott started the day the strike/lockout began in '94....

gosox41
06-02-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO

I'm serious about this idea. Why not just have protests outside of the CELL before selected big home games (ie when the Yankees or Giants are in town.) Just have marching with signs urging JR to sell. Can you imagine the negative media attention this would get.

And what can the Sox do? Throw us off public property?

Bob

duke of dorwood
06-02-2003, 10:20 AM
About the worst thing that could happen would be to make HIM seem like a victim. We all know that WE are the victims of this regime, the media does not like this regime, I dont think formal actions would help anything.

Mammoo
06-02-2003, 11:20 AM
Hit 'em high, hit 'em low but hit 'em where the dollars go...IN HE WALLET!!!!

That's the only thing owners understand.