PDA

View Full Version : Beaten by a sox fan

Paulwny
06-01-2003, 05:45 PM
From Excite:

CLEVELAND (AP) - Jody Gerut never imagined beating the very team he grew up rooting for, especially in such a key situation.
Cleveland's rookie outfielder blooped a bases-loaded, pinch-hit single off the glove of Chicago shortstop Jose Valentin with two outs in the 10th inning, giving the Indians a 5-4 win over the White Sox on Sunday.

"I was a White Sox fan as a kid, I just loved them," said Gerut, who grew up near Chicago. "But I had a job to do today.

"Half my friends will hate me and the other half will love me. Cubs fans will say, 'Way to go."'

oldcomiskey
06-01-2003, 07:55 PM
youve got it all wrong--weve been beating ourselves for weeks

RKMeibalane
06-01-2003, 08:06 PM
:reinsy

"See, I told you the fans were to blame."

MHOUSE
06-01-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
:reinsy

"See, I told you the fans were to blame."

LMAO :)

MRKARNO
06-01-2003, 09:06 PM
At least we werent beaten by a cub fan

Viva Magglio
06-01-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
From Excite:

CLEVELAND (AP) - Jody Gerut never imagined beating the very team he grew up rooting for, especially in such a key situation.
Cleveland's rookie outfielder blooped a bases-loaded, pinch-hit single off the glove of Chicago shortstop Jose Valentin with two outs in the 10th inning, giving the Indians a 5-4 win over the White Sox on Sunday.

"I was a White Sox fan as a kid, I just loved them," said Gerut, who grew up near Chicago. "But I had a job to do today.

"Half my friends will hate me and the other half will love me. Cubs fans will say, 'Way to go."'

Uh, Mr. Gerut, you can come to us when you become a free agent and fulfill your boyhood dream.

guillen4life13
06-01-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
At least we werent beaten by a cub fan

Yeah... though it's a Cub fan who's probably beaten us the most in the last couple of years. He goes by the name of Jim Thome, and thank god he's not in the Central anymore.

sox_fan_forever
06-01-2003, 10:41 PM
Isn't there someone here who went to school with him (Jody Gerut)?

Bucktown
06-01-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
youve got it all wrong--weve been beating ourselves for weeks
Hey, speak for yourself! Oh wait, you are talking about the Sox. Never mind.