PDA

View Full Version : Will JM be fired tonight?


Viva Magglio
06-01-2003, 04:04 PM
No, but he g**damn well should be!!!!!!!! :angry:

If this doesn't get him fired, nothing will. :whiner:

:firejerry
:firejerry
:firejerry

MHOUSE
06-01-2003, 04:07 PM
I hope so.

spanishwhite
06-01-2003, 04:11 PM
4-5 against this ****ty ass indians team!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

He got outmanaged by Wedge. Intentionally walks Bard,
to get to McDonald. So in comes Gerut, a lefty who hits better
than Bard.

Gee, what a big suprise!

On your way out, take that worthless piece of garbage named
Gordon with you.

If I were Buerhle, I would go and clip Gordon in the knees with a lead pipe.

Viva Magglio
06-01-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by spanishwhite
4-5 against this ****ty ass indians team!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

He got outmanaged by Wedge. Intentionally walks Bard,
to get to McDonald. So in comes Gerut, a lefty who hits better
than Bard.

Gee, what a big suprise!

On your way out, take that worthless piece of garbage named
Gordon with you.

If I were Buerhle, I would go and clip Gordon in the knees with a lead pipe.

And don't forget about that piece of crap Rick White!!!!!!

MHOUSE
06-01-2003, 04:15 PM
If I were Buehrle I would be calling St. Louis and setting up a trade myself right about now.

mack10zie
06-01-2003, 04:16 PM
This game today was one of the more frustrating ones of the season so far, and there have been many of them. IMO, the guys on the field played well enough to win this game, but Manuel lost it. Gordon should NEVER have been left in the game after runners were on first and second base, and I don't think he should have even come out in the 8th since the whole bullpen had a day off yesterday. Also, as someone mentioned in a different thread, he really should have had Josh Paul in there bunting instead of Rios. It's not that the Sox played great today, but they played well enough to win, and their manager threw this one away.

MHOUSE
06-01-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by mack10zie
This game today was one of the more frustrating ones of the season so far, and there have been many of them. IMO, the guys on the field played well enough to win this game, but Manuel lost it. Gordon should NEVER have been left in the game after runners were on first and second base, and I don't think he should have even come out in the 8th since the whole bullpen had a day off yesterday. Also, as someone mentioned in a different thread, he really should have had Josh Paul in there bunting instead of Rios. It's not that the Sox played great today, but they played well enough to win, and their manager threw this one away.

Great post. There were no errors and our pitchers weren't hit hard. This one is on Jerry.

ShoelessFred
06-01-2003, 04:24 PM
If I were Buehrle I would be calling St. Louis and setting up a trade myself right about now.

buehrle is choking under the pressure. he knows he should have signed that contract before the season started and now he's paying for it. IT ONLY MAKES ME SMILE THAT A PUNK ASS B*TCH LIKE BUEHRLE IS GETTING EVERYTHING THAT HE DESERVES!

MHOUSE
06-01-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by ShoelessFred
buehrle is choking under the pressure. he knows he should have signed that contract before the season started and now he's paying for it. IT ONLY MAKES ME SMILE THAT A PUNK ASS B*TCH LIKE BUEHRLE IS GETTING EVERYTHING THAT HE DESERVES!

Are you kidding me? He pitched a great game today and got robbed by Manuel's poor managing. He pitched more than well enough to win at 4-1, but they blew it for him. That's happened a few times this season whether it be lack of offense, no bullpen help, or defensive errors. He hasn't pitched well overall and got shelled a couple of times, but to say that he deserves this is ridiculous. I would be much more upset if he signed the big deal and then sucked it up. He's saving you money bud!

jeremyb1
06-01-2003, 04:51 PM
i wish more than anything that manuel would get fired just to prove to the world that this team has a lot more than a poor manager working against it.

runs - 28 out of 30
batting average - 28 out of 30
walks - 22 out of 30
on base percentage - 27 out of 30
slugging percentage 20 out of 30
ops - 22 out of 30

find me a manager that can magically transform a team that can't hit for power, average, or draw a walk and then i'll agree with you that firing manuel is the solution to all our problems. until then fire or trade whomever you want it won't make any difference.

TornLabrum
06-01-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
i wish more than anything that manuel would get fired just to prove to the world that this team has a lot more than a poor manager working against it.

runs - 28 out of 30
batting average - 28 out of 30
walks - 22 out of 30
on base percentage - 27 out of 30
slugging percentage 20 out of 30
ops - 22 out of 30

find me a manager that can magically transform a team that can't hit for power, average, or draw a walk and then i'll agree with you that firing manuel is the solution to all our problems. until then fire or trade whomever you want it won't make any difference.

The general rule of thumb is that you can't fire 25 guys, so you fire the manager. Of course this won't be done anyway, so don't worry about it.

jeremyb1
06-01-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
The general rule of thumb is that you can't fire 25 guys, so you fire the manager. Of course this won't be done anyway, so don't worry about it.

i don't necessarily have a problem with firing manuel at this point - what else do we have to lose? my problem is only those who act like manuel is the root of this team's problems and firing him will be the solution to all of our problems.

if i'm manuel, i can't help but expect to be fired regardless of the extent to which the losses are my fault. that's just the way baseball works. you can't lead a team expected to contend for the world series to a performance like this and expect to keep your job.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-01-2003, 05:23 PM
Firing Manuel isn't even the tip of the iceberg for what ails this franchise. Anyone complaining about the lack of fundamentals demonstrated by this team needs to complain about the organization from "A" ball all the way up to 35th & Shields.

This is a loser organization. NOTHING has changed since penniless Bill Veeck sold it to the current regime. There is NOTHING "first-class" about it.

You want REAL SOLUTIONS?

:selljerry

TornLabrum
06-01-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Firing Manuel isn't even the tip of the iceberg for what ails this franchise. Anyone complaining about the lack of fundamentals demonstrated by this team needs to complain about the organization from "A" ball all the way up to 35th & Shields.

This is a loser organization. NOTHING has changed since penniless Bill Veeck sold it to the current regime. There is NOTHING "first-class" about it.

You want REAL SOLUTIONS?

:selljerry

Sounds like you've read my latest "Fallen Arches" column!

MHOUSE
06-01-2003, 06:24 PM
I think that you fire JM and KW, make Nosseck or Kimm interim manager, and then limp through the season dumping salary and trying new things. Then hire Wally Backman after the season as manager and let the new GM try a hand at rebuilding. If there was any way to get JR to sell then by god do it! Doubtful though. Just stick to :gulp:

duke of dorwood
06-01-2003, 06:38 PM
This melt down has been simmering since KW took over, and the owner is responsible for that. This is an organization with a losing attitude, broadcast thru the constant references to finances. I bet NONE of the investors of this team lose a thing.

SELL THE **** TEAM

mack10zie
06-01-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
i don't necessarily have a problem with firing manuel at this point - what else do we have to lose? my problem is only those who act like manuel is the root of this team's problems and firing him will be the solution to all of our problems.

if i'm manuel, i can't help but expect to be fired regardless of the extent to which the losses are my fault. that's just the way baseball works. you can't lead a team expected to contend for the world series to a performance like this and expect to keep your job.

I feel similarly. While I feel that the loss today should fall on the shoulders of JM, I do not feel that the teams performance as a whole is necessarily his fault. I am in the fire JM camp, but I do not blame the teams performance entirely on him, there is only so much he can do. The team needs something to happen to wake them up, and I have no idea whether or not firing JM would do the trick, but IMO it's worth a shot, because I don't feel like his personality fits with what the Sox need to succeed.

soxtalker
06-01-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
i don't necessarily have a problem with firing manuel at this point - what else do we have to lose? my problem is only those who act like manuel is the root of this team's problems and firing him will be the solution to all of our problems.

if i'm manuel, i can't help but expect to be fired regardless of the extent to which the losses are my fault. that's just the way baseball works. you can't lead a team expected to contend for the world series to a performance like this and expect to keep your job.

I probably agree with this. I also have been getting the impression from his interviews that Manuel sees this coming. Unfortunately, this is looking like a much bigger problem than simply firing a manager or making a trade can solve.

Separate question -- managers are often fired during a season. What about GM's? (I don't think that KW is such trouble -- just asking.)

thezeker
06-01-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by soxtalker
I probably agree with this. I also have been getting the impression from his interviews that Manuel sees this coming. Unfortunately, this is looking like a much bigger problem than simply firing a manager or making a trade can solve.

Separate question -- managers are often fired during a season. What about GM's? (I don't think that KW is such trouble -- just asking.) .

In a perfect world KW would be fired and then the new GM would make the decision on Manuel and probably bring in his own manager. Of course we know the SOX do not work like this. Reinsdorf would rather see the ship sink than admit he made two horrendous decisions with KW & JM.

And there lies the biggest problem with our SOX. As long as JR hires yes men who will not rock the boat we are doomed to mediocrity. Manuel is acting like he really wants to go and maybe that would be a start. But I've got a feeling KW put this mess together and it is not going to get any better as lons as he is here. We're in for a long heartbreaking journey the next few years!

soxrme
06-01-2003, 09:24 PM
kw - why do we have 12 pitchers???
jm - no excuse for today you were brutal
pk they are walking people to get to you!!!!!!!!get your head out of your ass.
jr - start hiring best BASEBALL PEOPLE AVAILABLE
JM - no excuse for today you were brutal
rios - just leave tired of trying to see your sorry ass bunt
graffinino - at ss everyday in 8th and 9th inning
rowand in center in late innings
outfield coach whoever you are - jump all over borcher for that little league throw
jm - no excuse for today you were brutal
Olivo - hold onto throw from outfiels
jm - no excuse for today you were brutal

soxrme
06-01-2003, 09:25 PM
Sorry about all the misspelled words in previous post. I am just so angry about this game today.

Daver
06-01-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by soxrme
Sorry about all the misspelled words in previous post. I am just so angry about this game today.

There is an edit button if you feel the need to fix it. :redneck

MHOUSE
06-01-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by soxrme
Sorry about all the misspelled words in previous post. I am just so angry about this game today.

Try the "EDIT" button.

Lip Man 1
06-01-2003, 09:52 PM
Duke:

I agree 100% with your comments. With this organization it's always "profits over pennants."

Lip

Ventura23Fan
06-02-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by mack10zie
This game today was one of the more frustrating ones of the season so far, and there have been many of them. IMO, the guys on the field played well enough to win this game, but Manuel lost it. Gordon should NEVER have been left in the game after runners were on first and second base, and I don't think he should have even come out in the 8th since the whole bullpen had a day off yesterday. Also, as someone mentioned in a different thread, he really should have had Josh Paul in there bunting instead of Rios. It's not that the Sox played great today, but they played well enough to win, and their manager threw this one away.

Marte should have started the eighth. He's the best reliever the Sox have IMO and the first batter up was Lawton, a lefty. Of course, Marte was only brought in when the tying run was on third with one out. If Marte had started the eighth, I'm very confident the score would have remained 4-1 Sox heading into the ninth instead of the 4-4 tie. BTW, Marte struck out Lawton to end the ninth, to I'm sure no one's surprise.

MikeKreevich
06-02-2003, 08:17 AM
It's tomorrow and Manuel is still manager. The Sox are playing like they want their manager to get fired. Doing the little things, though not consciously, that it takes to lose.
Manuel will be let go and not too soon for me. Just like Terry (Boom Boom) Bevington and Gene (the lump at the end of the bench) Lamont, he will fade from our memory and he will not be missed.

UnderpantsGnome
06-02-2003, 10:08 AM
find me a manager that can magically transform a team that can't hit for power, average, or draw a walk and then i'll agree with you that firing manuel is the solution to all our problems. [/B]

*AHEM*dustybaker*COUGH*

(I hate the cubs, but not even Gandalf could've pulled off a better magic trick than db this year.)