PDA

View Full Version : Bullpen

Kid Kip
08-20-2001, 12:46 PM
Does anyone else think that the loss of Glover and Lowe have hurt our bullpen enormously?
Besides Foulke, the only reliable guys in our pen have been Glover, Lowe and Garland/Wells.

I know Ginter is improving and Embree is somewhat effective against lefties, but Biddle isn't showing any improvement at all.

It's nice to have Lowe and Glover in the rotation, but I hope we consider putting them back in the pen next year with Barcelo, Wunch, Osuna, Simas, Howry & Foulke.

Tragg
08-20-2001, 12:51 PM
They're pitching well as starters. It's insane to move an effective starter to middle relief. If you want to move one to closer (glover?), perhaps, but I doubt that will happen.

We just need to get a couple of young guys in the pen who can pitch okay.

That and a good lefty.

Don't forget, guys like lowe and simas were hardly indestructable in the pen.

Jerry_Manuel
08-20-2001, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
Don't forget, guys like lowe and simas were hardly indestructable in the pen.

Ture but they are better options then Biddle or Embree.

Kid Kip
08-20-2001, 04:03 PM
Glover and lately Lowe have been for more effective in the bullpen than as starters.
There is nothing "insane" about finding where a pitcher is most effective and using him in that capacity.

Daver
08-20-2001, 04:57 PM
May I remind everyone that Biddle is hurt and probably shouldn't be pitching at all.

Randar68
08-20-2001, 04:59 PM
May I remind everyone that Biddle is hurt and probably shouldn't be pitching at all.

Amen Daver....every day he continues to pitch adds at least one more day to the earliest time he could return after surgery...