PDA

View Full Version : Damn Sosa

Konerkoholic
06-01-2003, 12:10 AM
He hits a double play ball in the 16th that gets booted and the Cubs win the game. I hate the fact that his 5 Ks during the game are covered up by this "hit"

Also, the Cub fans gave Sosa a standing ovation when Sammy grounded out extra innings. It's not like he moved a runner over! They were just happy he made contact. Just another example of the ignorance of Cubs fans.

MHOUSE
06-01-2003, 12:13 AM
That ball was smoked, but still ridiculous that he strikes out 8 times in two games IIRC and all they remember is his game-winning "hit". I loved it when they walked Patterson to face Sosa and struck him out on four pitches. Classic! :smile: I have to admit I like the goatee he's sporting tho. :cool:

Konerkoholic
06-01-2003, 12:23 AM
Yeah i like the goatee, too.

Nellie_Fox
06-01-2003, 01:09 AM
I saw the replay of his ground out where the fans cheered, and since there had been some very slight booing at his last strikeout, I got the impression that there was a little sarcasm in the cheering for Sammy finally making contact and putting a ball in play.

Tragg
06-01-2003, 11:28 PM
The funniest thing was that the Astros intentionally walked someone (the center fielder) to get to Sosa earlier in the game.

LuvSox
06-02-2003, 08:47 AM
Do those "fans" even realize what kind of a jackass Sosa is? I was listening to Steve Dahl the other day as he was bashing Soso about his crappy defense, the only time he runs in the OF is when the game starts and he storms out to hear the ego boosting cheers. A women called in to say she had her big toenail removed and was playing volleyball later that day. I'm not sure if Dumbass had a more serious injury as I tend to ignore him, but the DL was probably a bit much.

DirtySouthsider
06-02-2003, 12:45 PM
About that Soas "hit".......I don't understand why the infielders were drawn in. If they were at thier regular depth, Kent makes that play and turns the double play to end the inning???