PDA

View Full Version : kimm was ejected for arguing about warmup tosses

oldcomiskey
05-31-2003, 09:12 AM
according to CBS sportsline

Hangar18
05-31-2003, 02:35 PM
Is this the WORST anyone has Seen these Umpires Act ??? Or is it just me? Ive seen them miss some very bad calls, Ive seen them be Lazy, and Ive seen them Start/Continue arguments with Managers/Coaches/Players way too much the last few years (Anyone remember the game last year, sox in cleveland, home ump made some very very questionable calls for Strikes for the Sox, so he in the 9th, called Every Pitch the Indians Pitcher threw for a "strike", some high, some wide, some low......and after every PITCH,,,,He Glared at the Sox Dugout....AS IF TO SAY DEFIANTLY I WILL CALL WHATEVER IM IN CHARGE. OF course, that escalated tensions (which I believe, its written somewhere that Umpires are NOT to do this sort of thing) The last sox batter in disgust...didnt even swing at the pitches......they were ALL BEING CALLED STRIKES ANYWAY. WHy wasnt this Umpire LAMBASTED In the Media? WHy wasnt this umpire Chastised/Reprimanded/Suspended by the MLB ?? I know the answers already.....but Im damn near pissed off that These UMPIRES ARE NOT ACCOUNTABLE FOR A DAMN THING. How do you Miss a HR by 5 feet? Thats HORRIBLE. If it was the CUbs that the umpire acted Defiantly, Murph himself wouldve Ignited the flames of Media Dissent, and then Fanned them to create a Media Firestorm the likes we havnt seen since Ligue ran the field at Comiskey. I remember my jaw dropping at the Umpires Actions that evening in Cleveland, and Hawk was on the AIR Calling that Umpire OUT for that. that was memorable, except the cub loving media ignored that. THink the next day, they featured augie ojeda and why his grandmother has a satellite dish at home or something interviewing her.

Iguana775
05-31-2003, 04:33 PM
I saw the highlights and my jaw dropped when I saw some of those strikes that were being called. What a pathetic piece of umpiring.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-31-2003, 04:55 PM
Does anyone think the umpire might have been generous with the strike zone simply because it was raining and he wanted to get the game in? Umpires have been known to do this.

It happens a lot on the final game of a get away series, too. Have you ever noticed how snappy those games usually are? Great games for bringing the kiddies. They don't fade from exhaustion and you have fewer concessions to buy. :smile:

oldcomiskey
05-31-2003, 05:13 PM
if the Sox were getting the smae calls Id agree with you