PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Thread Thingy for 5-30-2003 Sox-Indians Game

Viva Magglio
05-30-2003, 08:06 PM
If Olivo can't catch, who does???

Moot point. He's in there.

balboner
05-30-2003, 08:24 PM
I am sick and f'n tired of the horrible umpiring in Sox games this year. This home plate ump has been a disgrace tonight. It seems like no calls are going to the Sox at all this year. however, over on the north side of town, they get every freaking call. Did anyone see how they called Choi safe on Wednesday when he was out by a good 1/2 step? This helped them win the game.

balboner
05-30-2003, 08:25 PM
Gary Glover should not be put in a game to face lefties. He gets destroyed by every lefty he faces.

ChiSoxBobette
05-30-2003, 08:46 PM
Tonight I noticed that Manuel was not at the game. Anybody know where he is.

balboner
05-30-2003, 08:58 PM
Manuel and Kimm have been ejected. This umpire truly sucks, and doesnt deserve to have a job. He squeezed the hell out of Wright, and has given indians pitchers anything close.

ssang
05-30-2003, 09:00 PM
Oh my God!!!! Did anyone just see the called strike the ump made on Konerko just now!?!?!? That was a little league called strike. The call was 2 inches off the freakin' ground. If I were batting and that call were made I would have taken off my helmet and thrown it at the umps head and then proceed to get in his face until he cried.

Lip Man 1
05-31-2003, 12:07 AM
It is interesting how a number of calls have gone against the Sox this year.

I can only think of two reasons why this may be happening:

1. The Sox are "mouthing off" to the umps and the umps are making them pay for it. (They have lllllooooonnnngggg memories)

or 2. They feel it doesn't matter what they call, that the Sox are a bad team anyway so it really doesn't matter. (That would be unprofessional I know, but umps are human as well and I just don't think they are going to care as much like when they work a Yankees or Mariners or Braves series.)

Just my opinion.

Lip

Brian26
05-31-2003, 01:48 PM
To answer the original question, although it was a moot point, I think Tony G can catch in emergency situations. In extreme emergency situations, Konerko, bad knees and all, could catch. PK caught in college and in the minors before the Dodgers switched him to 3b/1b.

Daver
05-31-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
To answer the original question, although it was a moot point, I think Tony G can catch in emergency situations. In extreme emergency situations, Konerko, bad knees and all, could catch. PK caught in college and in the minors before the Dodgers switched him to 3b/1b.

Brian Daubach is the emergency catcher.