PDA

View Full Version : Buehrle & Nardi

doublem23
05-30-2003, 05:59 PM
I don't know if this has been brough up or not, but when Nardi Contreras was fired and even before, when there was speculation, I remember Mark always being one of the few to always say something very positive about Nardi. At the time, I thought Mark was just "playing his cards" with the organization and was trying to stay in Jerry & Kenny's good side and not badmouth the organization, but now, I'm wondering if maybe Mark actually benefitted from Nardi's tutelage (much like Frank benefitting under Hrniak while everyone else struggled with him?)

Or is it just something else?

WinningUgly!
05-30-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
I don't know if this has been brough up or not, but when Nardi Contreras was fired and even before, when there was speculation, I remember Mark always being one of the few to always say something very positive about Nardi. At the time, I thought Mark was just "playing his cards" with the organization and was trying to stay in Jerry & Kenny's good side and not badmouth the organization, but now, I'm wondering if maybe Mark actually benefitted from Nardi's tutelage (much like Frank benefitting under Hrniak while everyone else struggled with him?)

Or is it just something else?

Interesting, but I have a hard time believing Buehrle's struggles have anything to do with Nardi being gone. BTW, Nardi wasn't fired, just reassigned. He's still in the organization somewhere if Buehrle really needs him. :D:

MHOUSE
05-30-2003, 10:31 PM
It's possible. But he had success last year without Nardi most of the year. I think the problems lie elsewhere.

Procol Harum
05-30-2003, 11:00 PM
:nardi
"Don't worry Mark, I'll be on the first plane in the morning! And I can't wait to see how I can help out Loiaza!"