PDA

View Full Version : Too Mechanically sound?

MetalliSox
05-30-2003, 05:32 PM
Is it possible that Konerko is focusing TOO much on mechanics of the swing?

ANyone who has played ball in the past knows that sometimes you need to just go up and swing without thinking. Not a sloppy or terrible swing but just do what feels natural instead of focusing on your balance, getting your hands through and everything.

Maybe that is what Paulie is doing. Pressing too much. Maybe he needs to clear his head and just see the ball.

Last year, Paulie had a lot of hits that weren't the prettiest of swings.

DonkeyKongerko
05-31-2003, 02:42 AM
I have to agree PK's swing has looked pretty sound for most of this season, unlike Frank's swing.

I think PK needs to trust his swing more and just visualize hitting line drives but I'm sure he's been trying that already.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-31-2003, 10:16 AM
I think Konerko is as done as a Thanksgiving turkey. Mechanics or no mechanics is not going to change one damned thing.

We'll know by the all-star game if he's completely cooked. Put a fork in him.

Hullett_Fan
05-31-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I think Konerko is as done as a Thanksgiving turkey. Mechanics or no mechanics is going to change one damned thing.

We'll know by the all-star game if he's completely cooked. Put a fork in him.

LMAO!

He is done. He's looked fine at the plate 'mechanically'. Mentally he must be a mess. I think pitchers have figured out how to get him out (jam him...or sliders away). He hasn't laid off them and waited for his pitch (larger strike zone last season and a half hasn't helped -- he can't take it on the inside corner, have it called a ball, and then wait for a fastball center-cut).

This slump is going on what, 4 months?? That's about 3 months longer than most professional hitters go through.

How much longer is he here? 3 or 4 years? Ughhhh