PDA

View Full Version : Sox live on T.V. in U.K.

uksoxfan
05-30-2003, 03:04 PM
Here are the games to be shown on TV over here in the next few weeks. They're all live other than the Red Sox game which is listed as a delayed feed.

@ Tribe 30/5
@ Tribe 2/6
Boston 17/6
@ Cubs 20/6
Cubs 27/6

My prediction is we'll go 3-2, what do you guys think?

LuvSox
05-30-2003, 03:07 PM
How late/early do you have to be up to see them?

uksoxfan
05-30-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
How late/early do you have to be up to see them?

I'm 6 hours ahead of Chicago. Tonights game in Cleveland is listed as a midnight start here. Don't have to stay up late if I don't want to as all the games are replayed the following day.

:gulp:

thecell
05-30-2003, 03:35 PM
That's awesome. I hope you enjoy watching the Sox from the other side of the pond. Cheers :gulp:

pudge
05-30-2003, 06:03 PM
That's cool dude, I hope they at least go 3-2 for you. Of course, I'd bet they go more like 2-3, but maybe you can bring us some luck.

Foulke You
05-30-2003, 06:07 PM
Do you get the Sox announcers out there or the other team's or does it depend on the feed?

uksoxfan
05-31-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Do you get the Sox announcers out there or the other team's or does it depend on the feed?

For the Sox games we've being getting the Sox announcers via Fox Sports. We also get ESPN's sunday & wed. night baseball feeds.

Nellie_Fox
05-31-2003, 03:24 AM
You get as many Sox games in the U.K. as I get here in Minnesota!

gosox41
05-31-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by uksoxfan
Here are the games to be shown on TV over here in the next few weeks. They're all live other than the Red Sox game which is listed as a delayed feed.

@ Tribe 30/5
@ Tribe 2/6
Boston 17/6
@ Cubs 20/6
Cubs 27/6

A chance for the Sox to embarass themselves on an international level.

Bob

PaleHoseGeorge
05-31-2003, 09:45 AM
For the Sox games we've being getting the Sox announcers via Fox Sports. We also get ESPN's sunday & wed. night baseball feeds.

Hey UK, are the Sox games coming to Britain via Sky Sports?

Murdoch owns both Fox and Sky. Nearly all the soccer available on TV here in the U.S. comes from Murdoch's Fox SportsWorld channel. However, most of the feeds come from Sky. I'm wondering if Murdoch is doing the same thing in reverse to show baseball in the UK?

uksoxfan
05-31-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Hey UK, are the Sox games coming to Britain via Sky Sports?

Murdoch owns both Fox and Sky. Nearly all the soccer available on TV here in the U.S. comes from Murdoch's Fox SportsWorld channel. However, most of the feeds come from Sky. I'm wondering if Murdoch is doing the same thing in reverse to show baseball in the UK?

Sunday & wednesday night baseball is on Five T.V. which is not part of the Murdoch empire. They show mainly ESPN's games e.g. what you guys see on sunday night on ESPN we get at the same time here, which is actually early monday morning baseball for us :smile:

We have a new subscription channel called NASN, totally devoted to sport in the USA for an additional fee that is part of Sky. I pay for Sky & I'm also subscribing to this extra channel. I can now watch baseball every night along with shows like Around the horn, PTI , baseball tonight, NHL & more. I looked at the June schedule & posted what's coming up for me to watch re. the Sox.

The problem is actually finding time to watch all the games I'd like to, as live games during the early hours here means I've got to record them, then try & find time to watch the next day. Fortunately, NASN show quite a few of the afternoon games around the US which is between 6.00-8.00pm here, depending where the game is being played.

The Sox are 0-4 live on TV here at the moment unfortunately :(:

uksoxfan
06-27-2003, 08:12 PM

@ Tribe 30/5
@ Tribe 2/6
Boston 17/6
@ Cubs 20/6
Cubs 27/6

How about that for predicting results? :D:

Boy, did I enjoy watching that :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Daver
06-27-2003, 08:29 PM
How about that for predicting results? :D:

Boy, did I enjoy watching that :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Damn Brian,you nailed it.......

Good job. :redneck

PaleHoseGeorge
06-27-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by daver

Good job. :redneck

The Sox probably got more positive ink from the media in London than they did in Chicago.

:knue
"The Cubune doesn't own anything in England-- yet!"

FarWestChicago
06-27-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by daver

Good job. :redneck Yeah, let's see us predict footy results that well. :D:

voodoochile
06-27-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Yeah, let's see us predict footy results that well. :D:

0-0