PDA

View Full Version : Avoid possitivity like genital warts

lowesox
05-29-2003, 09:16 PM
Every time the Sox win two games they get really satisfied with themselves and lose the third.

I refuse to let them get my hopes up again.

gosox41
05-29-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
Every time the Sox win two games they get really satisfied with themselves and lose the third.

I know what you mean. As good as th pitching was the last 2 games, the Sox managed to score a whopping 17 runs in 4 games against Toronto, and almost 1/2 came in one night. The team still didn't hit well today and benefitted from Blue Jay errors.

On the positive side, at least Billy Koch didn't blow the game tonight.

Bob

lowesox
05-29-2003, 09:46 PM
Here's what we need to do, we need to go out and win a game in the 1st or 2nd inning. Score 6-7 runs by the third.

When was the last time we demoralized another team? The only time we win big is when we tack runs onto a lead we already own late in a game.

gosox3072
05-30-2003, 12:03 AM
41 if u havent noticed Billy Koch is really heating up, he hasnt given up a run in his last like 10 appearances

MikeKreevich
05-30-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by lowesox

lol when I read your subject heading. If the hitting comes around, they should win more than they lose.

34 Inch Stick
05-30-2003, 08:28 AM
I think the Tigers were demoralized when they did not sweep the Sox last weekend.

I can be optimitstic about a little win streak, but I know in the back of my mind that this season is over.

thecell
05-30-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by gosox3072
41 if u havent noticed Billy Koch is really heating up, he hasnt given up a run in his last like 10 appearances

AND his ERA has come down from over 8 to 4.25 during that stretch.

lowesox
05-30-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I think the Tigers were demoralized when they did not sweep the Sox last weekend.

I can be optimitstic about a little win streak, but I know in the back of my mind that this season is over.

I'm talking about the kind of win, where the Sox go out and take the game by the 3rd inning, and the other team has to suffer through 6 innings of being blown out.

If this scenario sounds farmiliar to you, its because we've been on the other side of it far too many times.

gosox41
05-30-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by gosox3072

I still can't stand watching him pitch. It's good to see him get going. I have very little confidence in him. And of course, it was stupid to trade for him to begin with.

Bob