PDA

View Full Version : Harris will never be a good player

Blueprint1
05-29-2003, 04:08 PM
Okay everyone I am sick of seeing posts about Harris playing second base. Harris playing in center field. Harris is never going to be a good player. HE CAN'T HIT. Are we all watching the same player? The only time Harris gets on base is when he bunts.

Hangar18
05-29-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
Okay everyone I am sick of seeing posts about Harris playing second base. Harris playing in center field. Harris is never going to be a good player. HE CAN'T HIT. Are we all watching the same player? The only time Harris gets on base is when he bunts.

South Side Willie has speed, and he'd be on my bench. I was driving home listening to the Sox post game......and Realized...
I MISS RAY DURHAM

MRKARNO
05-29-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
HE CAN'T HIT.
I think that this statement is downright false. He managed to hit .420 in AAA and .375 in Winter League, admittedly against weaker pitching, but still I would assume that these numbers would translate to be around .300 on the major league level. He will hit, he just needs some time

SoxxoS
05-29-2003, 05:59 PM
You think Willie Harris can be a .300 major league hitter? I got a bridge to sell ya.

kermittheefrog
05-29-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I MISS RAY DURHAM

Everybody remember him? He could hit unlike a lot of guys we're starting right now.

MarkEdward
05-29-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Everybody remember him? He could hit unlike a lot of guys we're starting right now.

But Andrew, we got Jon Adkins! The man can throw, like, 95 MPH heat! And he's a starter!

Another steal for Kenny Williams...

kermittheefrog
05-29-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
But Andrew, we got Jon Adkins! The man can throw, like, 95 MPH heat! And he's a starter!

Another steal for Kenny Williams...

Adkins sure is better than a first round draft pick.

MRKARNO
05-29-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
You think Willie Harris can be a .300 major league hitter? I got a bridge to sell ya.

I think all players can hit .300, it's just that not many of them do. in 3 years or less he'll be a .300 hitter

Daver
05-29-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I think all players can hit .300, it's just that not many of them do. in 3 years or less he'll be a .300 hitter

Based on what? A crystal ball or tea leaves?

doublem23
05-29-2003, 09:29 PM

Why stop at .300? They could all hit 1.000 if it just warn't so damn hard.

Jjav829
05-29-2003, 09:51 PM
in 3 years or less he'll be a .300 hitter

I agree! In Charlotte that is.

I'll take my chances that he'll become a .300 hitter and let him go to another team.

MRKARNO
05-29-2003, 09:56 PM
You need to give Willie more of a chance. You may like it or not, but he's probably in the sox' 3-5 year future plan

Daver
05-29-2003, 09:59 PM
You need to give Willie more of a chance. You may like it or not, but he's probably in the sox' 3-5 year future plan

Where? They have two players in the minors that play his only position better than he does right now,and more to come.He is a failed experiment similar to Julio Ramirez.

34 Inch Stick
05-30-2003, 08:13 AM
So then how do you evaluate the Chris Singleton for Willie Harris trade now? With all of his flaws I think I would rather have had Singleton starting in center for the last two years than our combination of misfits. I guess if we knew Kenny was making the trade it would end up being a bad move.

I still advocate giving Harris a significant amount of playing time in the second half of this year to make a final determination that he will not be able to hit on the major league level.

SoxxoS
05-30-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
So then how do you evaluate the Chris Singleton for Willie Harris trade now? With all of his flaws I think I would rather have had Singleton starting in center for the last two years than our combination of misfits. I guess if we knew Kenny was making the trade it would end up being a bad move.

I still advocate giving Harris a significant amount of playing time in the second half of this year to make a final determination that he will not be able to hit on the major league level.

That isn't even a contest. Chris Singleton was a lot more important to this team than everyone thought. I am happy with Borchard right now, but having Chris would allow Borchard to move to LF and just like CLee DH. I would be really happy with that, and that actually would be a solid defensive outfield.

MHOUSE
05-30-2003, 08:47 AM
I like Borchard in the long run over Singleton. Would've been nice to have Chris' defense these last couple years, but hindsight is 20/20. Harris has yet to prove anything at the MLB level. He can play 2nd ok, but he can't hit or play center field. The Willie Harris Center Fielder experiment MUST END! I can give him a chance to be a 2nd baseman, but if he never hits then I'd take D'Ang in a heartbeat. All Harris has proven right now is that he can run fast enough for his helmet to fall off everytime he gets thrown out. I like the speed, but he wastes a spot as a pinch runner when we can't even get guys on to start with. SHOW ME SOMETHING Wee Willie!