PDA

View Full Version : Mike Sirotka

mack10zie
05-29-2003, 04:07 PM
What happened to Siro? I know he had that shoulder surgery last year, but I thought he was supposed to be back after a year or so (maybe after 2?). I loved him when he was on the Sox and was just curious if anyone had heard anything recent about him.

Daver
05-29-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by mack10zie
What happened to Siro? I know he had that shoulder surgery last year, but I thought he was supposed to be back after a year or so (maybe after 2?). I loved him when he was on the Sox and was just curious if anyone had heard anything recent about him.

He's still recovering and signed with the sCrUBS as a minor leaguer.

mack10zie
05-29-2003, 04:13 PM
Thanks. Even though he's with the damn Cubs I hope to see him back out there pitching well sometime in the near future.

DrCrawdad
05-29-2003, 04:29 PM
IIRC Sirotka signed a contract where if he wasn't on the Cubs by a certain date (June or July) then he could become a FA.

Daver
05-29-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
IIRC Sirotka signed a contract where if he wasn't on the Cubs by a certain date (June or July) then he could become a FA.

That can't be correct,he isn't scheduled to resume throwing until July.

A.T. Money
05-29-2003, 04:51 PM
According to Teddy Greenstein, Siro hurt his shoulder again and is contemplating 3 options. Rest, Surgery, or retirement.

Unfortunate. Sometimes I wish he was still with us, and healthy.

MHOUSE
05-29-2003, 11:17 PM
It's funny that maybe KW actually pulled a fast one on the 'Jays. If he did in fact deal damaged goods to Toronto then we stole David Wells for however many starts for nothing. Even though overall he didn't take us to the next level and ended up hurt and gone, Siro might have never pitched for us again anyways.

Irishsox1
05-29-2003, 11:26 PM
I never really liked Sirotka. He once accused Cleveland of using a camara in center field to steal his pitches after he was totally shelled. Then, his style of pitching was so lame. He would nibble, nibble, nibble and never really go after someone. I still think his brief influence is affecting Jon Garland. Then after he was traded to SARSville, he bad mouthed the Sox and the training staff. I also he looked like a homo with his little chin stash and blond highlights. When you think about it, I can can she Siro and Farnsworth heading over to the Manhole or the Cocktail after another blowout loss at Tribune Corporation Field.

34 Inch Stick
05-30-2003, 08:19 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean. I hated how Sirotka gave us 15 wins and an ERA in the threes every year. It sucked how he was good to the fans and wanted to be on the White Sox for his whole career.

Mammoo
05-30-2003, 08:29 AM
Mike Sirotka was the best pitcher on the White Sox in 2000. I was extremely disappointed when he left in the Wells trade. I was hoping at the time that it was Parque that was traded. As it turns out they'll both be out of baseball soon.

Too bad for MS. :(: He kept the Sox in the pennant race that year while everyone else was spitting the bit.

Good luck, Mike! :gulp:

dickallen15
05-30-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Yeah, I know what you mean. I hated how Sirotka gave us 15 wins and an ERA in the threes every year. It sucked how he was good to the fans and wanted to be on the White Sox for his whole career.

Maybe you should check his stats. He only had one good year and was primed to start getting lit up. Kenny Williams got ripped for this trade, but he gave up nothing, absolutely nothing. If Wells wasn't hurt and pitched like he has the last 2 seasons, Williams would have been a genius.

34 Inch Stick
05-30-2003, 09:07 AM
That, of course, is a completely different point Dick. I was all for the trade and still back Kenny's reasoning on it.

To say that he was not likable and to question his sexuality is just plain wrong (I know you didn't say it, but I thought it was fairly obvious that I was responding to the post in before mine).

Enlighten me on how he was primed to get lit up based on past statistics. He was young and still developing. He was primed to be an even better pitcher if not for the injury. If you did not like his early numbers, remember how bad the Sox were prior to 2000.

dickallen15
05-30-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
That, of course, is a completely different point Dick. I was all for the trade and still back Kenny's reasoning on it.

To say that he was not likable and to question his sexuality is just plain wrong (I know you didn't say it, but I thought it was fairly obvious that I was responding to the post in before mine).

Enlighten me on how he was primed to get lit up based on past statistics. He was young and still developing. He was primed to be an even better pitcher if not for the injury. If you did not like his early numbers, remember how bad the Sox were prior to 2000.

He didn't strikeout many, and he gave up a lot of hits. He did ok in 2000, but that , I believe was sort of a fluke. I'm sorry he got hurt, but he never really was that good. Opponent batting average against him for his career was .286 and he gave up a lot of homers. I think if he didn't get hurt the bubble was about to burst anyway.I know you don't , but why do people give Williams crap over this trade. The Sox took on payroll, which they always get ripped for dumping, and gave up 3 guys who have done nothing since. I have never understood this.