PDA

View Full Version : A reason to watch tonight

lowesox
05-29-2003, 01:13 PM
I watched the toronto televsion broadcast last night and hometown announcers were saying that Koch hitting Catalonotto was intentional, citing the problems Koch has had in the past.

Personally, I hope the Jays retaliate tonight. An all out brawl would do wonders for the Sox. After winning last night they'll need some kind of motivation to try tonight.

Kilroy
05-29-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by lowesox
I watched the toronto televsion broadcast last night and hometown announcers were saying that Koch hitting Catalonotto was intentional, citing the problems Koch has had in the past.

Personally, I hope the Jays retaliate tonight. An all out brawl would do wonders for the Sox. After winning last night they'll need some kind of motivation to try tonight.

Maybe its just me, but I find it hard to believe that a ML pitcher could miss by that much accidentally.

A.T. Money
05-29-2003, 01:57 PM
It looks like he held on to it a bit too long. Koch, like most power pitching closers, tend to get wild with a couple pitches in the count. What makes them effective is that people will chase bad pitches.

jeremyb1
05-29-2003, 02:56 PM

i wondered if it was intentional since it was the first pitch at we were up by 8 runs. what's most important is whether or not the jays think it was.

MRKARNO
05-29-2003, 04:16 PM

Why would this be any different than the fight with the twins over meintkiewicz? I don't think that a brawl is the answer