PDA

View Full Version : WCR: Life Is Like A Team Of Losers

Mammoo
05-29-2003, 10:41 AM
As far as the slugs on the South Side of town are concerned, a spirited performer like Sammy Sosa is just what this dead from the neck up bunch could use. If you’ve ever seen “The Night of the Living Dead’ you know what I mean. After losing two of three to the lowly Tigers, the one victory requiring late inning heroics from Carlos Lee and Joe Crede, they meandered across the border to get spanked twice by the Blue Jays. Game one was a real gem, featuring four White Sox errors behind a struggling Mark Buehrle.

SARS be damned, this team is already terminal. Vegetating seven and one half games behind the imminently better Minnesota Twins, the White Sox appear content to cash their checks and collect their meal money without so much as a whimper. Mag Ordonez, the bonafide star of the bunch stated the obvious after another sleepwalk in Toronto

"We stink," he said. "That's it. We stink. There are a lot of games left," Ordonez said. "If we keep playing like that, we'll be in last place."

One wonders if Pale Hose management has a plan to revive this moribund collection of pretenders. Ken Williams appears content to let the deficit grow while doing his best Nero impersonation. Rather than bouncing the manager, as has been speculated, a blockbuster trade is what’s in order here. I'm not a big Jerry Manuel fan but shaking up the clubhouse with a serious personnel maneuver will have a twofold effect of bringing in some fresh talent while sending a message that the driftwood remaining had better snap out of it or they could be next.

DustyIsOverated1
05-29-2003, 12:53 PM
[I'm not a big Jerry Manuel fan but shaking up the clubhouse with a serious personnel maneuver will have a twofold effect of bringing in some fresh talent while sending a message that the driftwood remaining had better snap out of it or they could be next. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm not a big fan of jm either, but one must wonder.....is saying "you could be next" really a bad thing for players on this team.......as far as thier future is concerned

JUGGERNAUT
05-29-2003, 12:59 PM
GO WHITESOX!

Waiting patiently for the 3 clubs trailing the cub to SMACK those pansies back to 4th place! We all know it's inevitable.
Perhaps they are all waiting for the SOX to take yet another cross-town classic series with the GRAND SLAM man himself, Carlos Lee rising to the occasion once again!

CAN YOU DIG DAT SUCKA???????