PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Game Thread 5-28-03

DrCrawdad
05-28-2003, 08:17 PM
SHHH...Garland pitching a good game (again).

So far so good.

chisox06
05-28-2003, 09:21 PM
Rick White is throwin in the pen. If he comes in this game JM will prove to everyone he wants outa Chicago.

Bucktown
05-28-2003, 09:24 PM
Paul Chokenerko sucks. I honestly don't believe that a player could hit into this many DPs if he was trying.

chisox06
05-28-2003, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
Paul Chokenerko sucks. I honestly don't believe that a player could hit into this many DPs if he was trying.

exactly, Paul continues to KILL this team, he has done nothing to contribute at all this year. I would love to see JM tinker his ass right outa the lineup for about 2 weeks or so.

Bucktown
05-28-2003, 09:29 PM
According to MLB Chokenerko is tied for 1st with 12 GDPs. Which surprised the hell out of me because I would have guessed he had 30. Maggs is tied for 4th.

duke of dorwood
05-28-2003, 09:35 PM
This is more than a slump-its officially chronic

duke of dorwood
05-28-2003, 09:40 PM
And thats our future, fans-right in a row-Crede, Borchard, Olivo, Jiminez

Lip Man 1
05-28-2003, 09:43 PM
Something else to keep in mind about Paul is that he's been going bad since the All Star Break from last year.

Lip

fquaye149
05-28-2003, 09:49 PM
what's up with this pointless power surge in the 9th? it's nice...but let's time our outbursts...hopefully this is the beginning of a trend though

LuvSox
05-28-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
what's up with this pointless power surge in the 9th? it's nice...but let's time our outbursts...hopefully this is the beginning of a trend though

If they could "time" their hitting, don't you think they would be doing it all year?

Bucktown
05-28-2003, 09:53 PM
More home runs in front of Chokenerko should reduce his DP opportunities.

WhiteSoxWinner
05-28-2003, 10:00 PM

I'm not going to hold my breath after this win that this is the turning point. How many turning points have we had this season? There was the sweep of Baltimore, where we decided to lay an egg in Minnesota right after. Then there was the two games we won at home versus the Jays, where proceeded to lose two out of three to the WORST team in baseball. No, it will take a 7 or 8 game win streak before I say we're back.

DrCrawdad
05-28-2003, 10:10 PM
Facing one of the best offensive teams in baseball and Garland dominates them. My point is not that Garland is a better pitcher, just that Garland probably pitched better than Jesus Prior.

joecrede
05-28-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
According to MLB Chokenerko is tied for 1st with 12 GDPs. Which surprised the hell out of me because I would have guessed he had 30. Maggs is tied for 4th.

12 GiDP's, 15 RBI's. Truly remarkable.

duke of dorwood
05-28-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Facing one of the best offensive teams in baseball and Garland dominates them. My point is not that Garland is a better pitcher, just that Garland probably pitched better than Jesus Prior.

He sure did-he has more wins than Burly-man-thats the story of this season so far. I hope fans get off his back-he outpitched Colon in this series too

Bucktown
05-28-2003, 10:29 PM
I blame Manuel.

DrCrawdad
05-28-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
He sure did-he has more wins than Burly-man-thats the story of this season so far. I hope fans get off his back-he outpitched Colon in this series too

Garland pitched a good game against the Twins too.

Jjav829
05-28-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

Yeah, so, your point is? He also outpitched Mike Maroth, John Halama, Joe Mays, Jeremy Affeldt, Jamie Moyer, etc. Whats your point?

Vsahajpal
05-28-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Yeah, so, your point is? He also outpitched Mike Maroth, John Halama, Joe Mays, Jeremy Affeldt, Jamie Moyer, etc. Whats your point?

Isn't it obvious?

SoxxoS
05-28-2003, 11:30 PM
First off- I, for one, am so happy we sign the right players to contracts, like Paul Konerko. 3 years 24 million? Bargain.

Second, Joe Crede looks like he has got his stroke back. He should be back to around .260-.275 by the all-star break. It's about time.

Third-I like what I have seen from the left side from Joe Borchard thus far. He may have to ditch the right handed approach at some stage because he looks clueless righty.

Fourth-We have 4 games against the Indians coming up. They have been struggling, and if we can sweep them or take 3 of 4, we can get back into the race. If we split (or less) I think that's all she wrote on this season.

Fifth-Paul Konerko might need to go on the DL for about 14 days, because he is a HUGE contributor as to why this offense is sputtering. The way he is hitting, it's like a pitcher hitting 5th in the linup. He is the ultimate inning killer, especially with his lead leading double plays.

6th-Olivo is good. I like what he is doing with the bat, and I think I have only seen one guy steal a base on him.

7th-.210 with RISP is the most embarrasing, rediculous stat I have seen in a long time. That is "funny-bad."

8th-Carlos Lee is starting to hit and is one of the only batters on this team I feel confident when he comes up.

Did anyone else know that Konerko was going to hit into a DP when there were guys on 1st and 2nd nobody out? Just wondering.

DrCrawdad
05-28-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

Good to see Garland pitch well and get the win!

The point is, bait VIC. I knew that VIC would not let a slight dig on the Messiah pass without comment.

BLASPHEMY!

Vsahajpal
05-28-2003, 11:50 PM
Actually, I responded (not really) cause I knew you'd only answer (which I guess you didn't) JJ's question if I made a comment.

I don't think its blasphemous, either. No one thinks he's a diety (save Viva "WSCR" Magglio and yourself), just a very good pitcher.

Garland was tonight, so was Jason Simontacchi.

Daver
05-28-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

I don't think its blasphemous, either. No one thinks he's a diety (save Viva "WSCR" Magglio and yourself), just a very good pitcher.

Vic,I'm dying here,*****.

Vsahajpal
05-29-2003, 12:05 AM
heh, I couldn't help it, the good DR is the master baiter, ya know...

DrCrawdad
05-29-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
heh, I couldn't help it, the good DR is the master baiter, ya know...

I should get an assist on that one. I don't know what it says about you though with your willing and eager participation in my baiting...

Actually I don't think that I've used the Jesus Prior expression before. Certainly though many Cubbie fans think he's a Messiah.

:D: