PDA

View Full Version : Larry Himes.....Whats he up to these days?

Hangar18
05-28-2003, 05:32 PM
We could use him helping out our draft again. Check out his picks in the 1990 Draft.
Rounds and the notable picks.

1 Alex Fernandez
2 Bob Wickman
3 Robert Ellis
4 James Baldwin
5 Ray Durham
36 Jason Bere

DrCrawdad
05-28-2003, 07:55 PM
I'm not sure what Himes is up to. I know that for awhile after being canned as Cubs GM he was still employed in the Evil Empire.

From what I've read, it seems that Himes burned the bridges so there is zero likelihood that the Sox would rehire Himes in any capacity.

Kenny Williams can take a measure of comfort in looking at Himes, Evans & Schu knowing that when he gets canned by the Sox the Cubs will probably hire him.

LuvSox
05-28-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Kenny Williams can take a measure of comfort in looking at Himes, Evans & Schu knowing that when he gets canned by the Sox the Cubs will probably hire him.

I know they're the Cubbies, but are they that stupid?

fuzzy_patters
05-29-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
We could use him helping out our draft again. Check out his picks in the 1990 Draft.
Rounds and the notable picks.

1 Alex Fernandez
2 Bob Wickman
3 Robert Ellis
4 James Baldwin
5 Ray Durham
36 Jason Bere

In defense of Schueller and Williams, the Sox had a slew of high draft picks around the time Himes came to the Sox. Some of their picks included Jack McDowell, Robin Ventura, Frank Thomas, and Alex Fernandez. However, Shueller and Williams have not had that luxury, because the teams have been better. In fact, the Sox last had a top 10 draft pick 14 years ago.